Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Line Breaks in Selection

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2018 Sep 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I have just updated fro DW 2015 to DW 2018.

In 2015 you could select a large body of plain txt and via the "Selection" option under the R Click you could get it to put a line break at the end of each line in the selected Txt.

This does not seem to be available in 2018.

If it's still there can someone point me to it please.

Kia Kaha.

Graham

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

On smaller viewports, those <br> tags would fall in random places resulting in a mess.   It's much better to place text inside <p> or <h...> tags for better semantic structure, don't you think?

But to answer your question, use Edit > Paste Special.   See screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2018 Sep 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On smaller viewports, those <br> tags would fall in random places resulting in a mess.   It's much better to place text inside <p> or <h...> tags for better semantic structure, don't you think?

But to answer your question, use Edit > Paste Special.   See screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  a écrit

Personally, I am quite fussy about the text, its formatting and content, so I use and recommend the use of BR, which has structurally its full meaning within the P

if this causes a visual problem on some mobile devices, there is still the use of CSS to play with it or even hide it as br { display:none; }

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines