• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link Excel spreadsheet to web page

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to link an excel spreadsheet (magazine index) to a web page so that users just see the link and not the whole spreadsheet until they click on it. They need to be able to sort and filter the information and crucially the spreadsheet needs to be accessible to an on site search engine Freefind. I have tried copying the spreadsheet (xlsx format) to our website and then creating a link from the appropriate web page and this seems to display well but  the spreadsheet doesn't feature in the search engine or in SEO tool Screaming Frog. The search engine says that the page header is Content-Type: text/plain. On advice I have tried to correct this in the .htaccess file on the website using -AddType application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet - but this just seems to corrupt the whole website.

I have read about Excel on line but I don't want to display the spreadsheet on the web page because the sheet is too wide to fit without scrolling and linking to a separate page is neater.  May be I am looking for too simple a solution but I have reached the limit of my limited knowledge and would appreciate help from anyone who can assist me. Thanks

PS Many users access the website from an Ipad

I am using Dreamweaver CS6 on Windows 10 Creative Fall Edition

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

if you talk about XLSX you first should add the appropriate type mime (you've adedd one that seems truncated)

so
AddType application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet xlsx

then will it be possible to have the page on line including the link to see what's going on...  here is an exemple...

Test Link XLS – Puce et Média

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you talk about XLSX you first should add the appropriate type mime (you've adedd one that seems truncated)

so
AddType application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet xlsx

then will it be possible to have the page on line including the link to see what's going on...  here is an exemple...

Test Link XLS – Puce et Média

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your very speedy reply. This has solved my problem perfectly. I thought the original script looked odd but I used it as given.

Brilliant !!  Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this be a solution How to embed a live Google Docs spreadsheet into a webpage | BDNYC?

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines