Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link my submit button to another webpage

Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a login system I made in dreamweaver cs6, I want my login (submit) button on my form to go to another webpage of mine. I dont know if I should be using server beahviors or somethings else. I still want my form validated by my MySQL database linked to my login system, just that when my members login, they go to my other website

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 16, 2018 Aug 16, 2018

Don't use Server Behaviors.

Yes, you can have the login form of one site link to another domain and return, but why would you?  Why not just set up a database on the site and use that?

If you're looking for Single Sign On (SSO), then you might just be opening up a can of worms that you don't want to open.  It's not an easy beast to tame.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use Server Behaviors.

Yes, you can have the login form of one site link to another domain and return, but why would you?  Why not just set up a database on the site and use that?

If you're looking for Single Sign On (SSO), then you might just be opening up a can of worms that you don't want to open.  It's not an easy beast to tame.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WolfShade  wrote

Why not just set up a database on the site and use that?

Sounds like sense......I dont know why you would want to validate login details on one server then redirect to a page on another as you would have to pass the login/password details to the other site so the login details validate against details held on that server. Probably better to just redirect to the login page on the other site from the old site..........one at the moment wonders how this other site is being secured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I invite you to read this article because examining your question could be quite long ... look here if this already answers your question How to Customize Redirect After Form Login (Symfony Docs)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2018 Aug 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for marking my answer as correct.  I do appreciate it.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines