• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Links work on my system but not the clients

Participant ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just setup an html file with 2 simple links provided by my client to open  new window on an external site.

It works on my iMac in Safari, Chrome, Firefox and Opera.  But the links are not working on client's system.

I receommended he flush his cache.

What could be the problem??

TOPICS
Browser , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance of providing us with the url to the website so we can check the page to see if the fault lies at your clients end or the fault is yours?

Yes it could certainly be a browser cache issue IF you have added the links recently and they still have an old version of the page cached in their browser but then the links probably would not show at all. Have they got an alternative computer they can view the webpage on on or maybe a tablet, smartphone to check if the links are working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mobile browsers don't support this.  For obvious reasons, only one tab/window can be opened at a time.

<a href="https://example.com" target="_blank">EXAMPLE</a>

Firefox config allows desktop users to decide how links should open -- same tab, same window, new tab, new window.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1226151

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines