• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

live screen not working.

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im using dream weaver for the first time. i am using the split screen option, i am able to imput code on the code screen. the live screen barly works, sometimes the code comes up, sometimes it does not, and only if i constantly save and save again, otherwise nothing shows up at all. i am also unable to edit anything from the live screen. Any help would be greatly apreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2020 Sep 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Assuming your computer meets the system requirements and everything is installed correctly, did you define your local site folder?  That's a critical 1st step.  Site > New Site. 

Give your site definition a name and a location on your primary hard drive.  Example, C:\myTestSite\

See screenshots.

Site > Manage Sites -- Local Site FolderSite > Manage Sites -- Local Site Folder

Open your Files Panel (F8).  Your project folder should look something like this where index.html is your site's home page.  Assets are arranged in folders.

Files Panel (F8), Local Site FolderFiles Panel (F8), Local Site Folder

To edit text in Live view, click on an element until a gold box appears around it.

image.png

Save often with Ctrl + S.  Refresh with F5.  A red X in a circle denotes code errors.  A green checkmark in a circle is preferred.  DW doesn't like code errors.

Post back if you have any questions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines