• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Live view grayed out in Big Sur

Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My live view is has grey borders and is ineditable after Big Sur. I noted an earlier thread that suggested resetting the preferences would fix it but it hasn't.

It happened when I installed the Big Sur beta (yes I know ...) and I assumed it would come right with the full release, but no. 

Is there easy solution or should I reinstall. 

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

This was resolved today by Rahul and another Adobe tech after about an hour of shared screens and experimenting. The problem was created by the automatic backup synchronisation of the site's home folder (in Documents) with Dropbox. Dreamweaver was confused by this and it seemed to cause some sort of loop it seems. It was solved by changing the site's home folder address in site advanced to the Dropbox address (which is essentially an alias anyway). 

Fantastic customer service, thank you for going

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need to re-install.  I have Big Sur myself and am not able to reproduce but I also did not use the beta.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you revert to your old OS?  I would hold off on Bug Sur until Apple sorts out all the problems they're having. 

https://www.techradar.com/how-to/macos-11-big-sur-problems-how-to-fix-the-most-common-issues

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy, 

Yes I just saw that. I may wait a little longer before I reinstall but ironically I've had none of the other Adobe issues listed. PS is working well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Simon,

Can you please confirm if you are still facing same issue. Please try re-installing and let us know if issue is solved

Regards,

Rahul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2020 Nov 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help, but no it hasn't helped at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I run Adobe Apps in macOS Big Sur?

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/macos-big-sur.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dreamweaver was never certified to run on beta (test) versions of operating systems. Ask Apple to wipe your computer and start over with a fresh install of a supported OS, Big Sur or Catalina (your choice). 

Then you may install Creative Cloud desktop app followed by your other CC apps. When done, restart your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was resolved today by Rahul and another Adobe tech after about an hour of shared screens and experimenting. The problem was created by the automatic backup synchronisation of the site's home folder (in Documents) with Dropbox. Dreamweaver was confused by this and it seemed to cause some sort of loop it seems. It was solved by changing the site's home folder address in site advanced to the Dropbox address (which is essentially an alias anyway). 

Fantastic customer service, thank you for going the extra mile to resolve. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines