• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Local Content does not Always Refresh(?)

Engaged ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When working along with D/W and posting new graphical images on my local site, live content is not immediately refreshed. I never know when that is done: sometimes at random, or when other updates occur.

If one of you could explain this behavior, and/or show me how I can make it more consistent, it would be very helpful to me.

BEST.est,

JWC

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Please see here for preview options How to preview web pages in Dreamweaver

The problem that you are most likely encountering has to do with the sticky cache, courtesy of Chrome This type of cache enhances the browsing experience by loading a page from a cached version rather than from the actual web page. This is a problem for web developers because the browser cache will need to be reset each time there is a change.

When in Chrome type chrome://settings/clearBrowserData into the address bar and

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please see here for preview options How to preview web pages in Dreamweaver

The problem that you are most likely encountering has to do with the sticky cache, courtesy of Chrome This type of cache enhances the browsing experience by loading a page from a cached version rather than from the actual web page. This is a problem for web developers because the browser cache will need to be reset each time there is a change.

When in Chrome type chrome://settings/clearBrowserData into the address bar and follow the prompts to clear the cache.

Because other browsers will follow in the not too distant future, I think that we, as developers, should accommodate the issue. For more info, Google cache busting.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines