• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Locked] .OAM file works In Dreamweaver application but not in web browser.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Adobe Animate file that I have converted into a OAM. file to insert in Dreamweaver. Although the animation works and plays in the Dreamweaver application, it does not show in a browser. When I open the html file in my root folder it shows but it doesn't play/work.  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

I just tried my code again, and presto. Please see https://pleysier.com.au/r29 and hover over the image.

Personally, I would not use the animation that you have created, for two reasons, namely

• touch screen do not recognise a mouse-over/hover event
  • the image is much more efficient when created using CSS only

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at https://helpx.adobe.com/au/dreamweaver/how-to/export-oam-files-animate-website.html

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ben!

Unfortunately for me, the animated composition only works in live view or split view in the Dreamweaver application. It does not work in Firefox, Safari, or Chrome. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, we cannot see what you have done to make the animation misbehave; I have come across this as well when the problem was caused by me.

Suggest you create a new document with only the OAM file included. If that also does not work then show us the code of the document by either uploading to a remote server or by pasting it into a post in this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your help Ben! I've included a link where you can download the root folder, it also includes the Adobe Animate file. I'd also like to add that I tried converting the animation into a .SWF instead of .OAM and that worked the way I wanted to in Dreamweaver but since .SWF is getting inconvenient for users I figured .OAM should work the same. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4v8l9fimmq7h24v/NEW%20SITE.zip?dl=0

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The animation.html file in the  animation_assets/animation/assets/ folder should work without any intervention.

The easiest way to include the animation into your website is to create an iframe as in

<!doctype html>
<html>

<head>
	<meta charset="UTF-8">
	<title>Untitled Document</title>
</head>

<body>
	<iframe src="animation_assets/animation/Assets/animation.html" frameborder="0"></iframe>
</body>

</html>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issues with iframe... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your animate project should be an HTML5 Canvas document. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/animate/using/creating-publishing-html5-canvas-document.html

I have no interest in getting untrusted files from dropbox on my computer.  For quickest help in this forum, please upload your HTML page and dependant files to your web server so we can test it online with our browsers and development tools.   When you say it won't work in a real browser, I have a feeling Real-Time Preview is getting in the way.  But I can't be certain of that until you upload to server for online testing.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy!

My website is pretty blank because I really just want to figure out what Animate is capable of in Dreamweaver and make things work before I start to actually make the website. I'm also just getting back into Dreamweaver so when you say I need to upload to server for online testing do you mean I need to go on godaddy.com and finalize the website? The animation is made on HTML5, the button works in the Dreamweaver app but not in a browser. 

in dreamweaver. (animation works with mouse over)in dreamweaver. (animation works with mouse over)

in dreamweaver. (animation/button works with mouse over)

Animation is stagnant when html file is opened in root folder(first frame is shown/does not play)Animation is stagnant when html file is opened in root folder(first frame is shown/does not play)

Preview in any browser will show blank/nothing. Animation is stagnant when html file is opened in root folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, your screenshots don't tell us much. The answers are in your code and I can't see it because it's too small. 

Live view is a Chrome rendering engine.  So if it works in Live view, it should work in local Google Chrome or Firefox.  Right-click on the open tab and select Open in Browser.  In case you're wondering, I do this to bypass Real-Time Preview.

If would still be best if you upload your work to your hosting server (GoDaddy or whatever) so we can see it online from our browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried my code again, and presto. Please see https://pleysier.com.au/r29 and hover over the image.

Personally, I would not use the animation that you have created, for two reasons, namely

• touch screen do not recognise a mouse-over/hover event
  • the image is much more efficient when created using CSS only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried inspecting that page to see what you did and went even as far as saving the html and css and putting it in my root folder and nope no animation happening but the actual graphic is still up there, both hearts are showing but no movement. Could it be that I need it to get it up online to work? Is my computer wacked out?

EDIT: It does work in Live view in Dreamweaver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you can spin the heart with CSS animation.

https://codepen.io/agate1/pen/GpBovv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your answers to this gentlman are unexceptable. He is asking a genuine question and you are doing everything in your power not to give him an answer. The problem he's talking about is all over the web. We are all paying subscribers. Answer his queston.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This topic was answered 2 months ago.   If you have a new question for this public user-to-user forum, please start a new discussion.  Upload your work to a public facing server space you control and post the URL.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines