• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Locked out of forum?

Participant ,
Jun 05, 2020 Jun 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to have been locked out of the forum, unless I've been misbehaving again, upset someone?

Just got whisked off to a page which basically stated 'You're not welcome here anymore' in other words.

I didn't have the password to my old email address to reset the password after clearing browser cache so had to create a new email/user/combination.

Anyone else experienced this or was it just me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Hey Osgood- (Osgood_)

Someone had apparently decided you were naughty and banned you. I've fixed this and reached out to the person who took that action for more information about what exactly happened.

Sorry for the trouble!

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other than having to log in every time I leave and come back, it has been working for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It had been working for me ok too, for months, didn't have to sign in. I just got taken to this forum even when the sign-in page appeared, frequently, that just sort of knew who I was an re-directed me to the forum but it stopped working a few hours ago and I just got taken to a page saying "You can't access this site" with a nice little icon of a computer screen with an X on it.

I no longer have the old forum email address I signed up with many years ago so if Adobe sent the confirmation email there after changing the password, it would be pointless as I couldn't access it.

Bah!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any mention of your account needing to be deactivate in the Backroom. Unless an Adobe staffer took it upon themselves to kill your account without any documentation (it still looks active), I'm betting it's just a glitch of some kind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I try and sign in with my old email/user account all I get now is:

'To help protect your Adobe account, you need to choose a new password. You'll be required to verify your identity to continue'.

When i hit 'continue' I then get taken to a page with six blank input boxes - 'Enter the code we just sent to 'myEmail Address'........that email address is no longer active, so I cant access the code they sent. What provisons do Adobe have in place in that senario, or much like their understanding of the web, do they not think people ever change or move on from a previous email address which was created years ago.

Slightly annoying but hey I can set up a new account but then I have to offload the browser cache as Adobe has stored all the information in there so when I try to access the forum it just takes me to a page which say ' No Access' or words to that effect.

Something must have changed very recently as all was working up until a few hours ago. Maybe some information that Abobe has stored has been compromised so they are getting anyones information that they think may have been hacked to change their password when they try and sign into the forum or even access the forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log-in to your old account below to edit e-mail, passwords & 2-step verification.
https://account.adobe.com/profile

Adobe experienced a recent system-wide log-in failure.  They claim it's all good now but I wonder...

https://status.adobe.com/

POSSIBLY RELATED:

Forum testing will be conducted sometime between now and July.  Nothing specific except to expect the unexpected and whatever they're doing may or may not effect all spaces & regions. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions.

Whatever I do relating to the old email address registered with Adobe, looks like I can change the forum password, however it just goes to a  'You're not allowed access to this site' page when I try and sign in to the forum again after clearing the browser cache.

It doesnt really matter the new set up seems to be working BUT something in the last few hours has happened as it was working ok this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only Adobe Staff have power to deactivate.   Multiple Spam / Abuse reports can trigger it but I haven't seen any attributed to you.  So I have no idea why anyone would intentionally deactivate your user ID.  Maybe while deactivating another user, someone entered the wrong profile #. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Osgood,

I posted about this in the Back Room.  Maybe Sylvia or Dave can unravel the mystery.

Don't be surprised if you get a private message from Adobe Staff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy,

I appreciate the time and effort you have put in trying to resolve this issue, thanks.

I'll try again at some stage with my old email account but yesterday it was just doing all kinds of weird stuff ie  intially when l tried to access the forum l was just taken to a 'No access to this site' page after years of being able to access it. I cleared the browser cache as that was the only way l could even attempt to sign in again. When l did  Adobe wanted me to enter a 6 digit code which they had sent to the registered email address which is no longer active, hasnt been for years, so there was no way to access the 6 digit code.

I then went to the profile page after your suggestion to do so and updated the password associated with the registered email address which is no longer active but attempting to sign in using the updated password just re-routed me back to the 'No access to this site' page.

I created a new account which is the one l using now to access the forum. I'll probably continue to use it as its less problematical than trying to jump through hoops to recover the old account.

I probably should have updated the profile with a current email address sometime ago but hey you dont usually bother to fix something if its not broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry but i have to ask this question.

At the Time you lost, canceled and or stopped using, for whatever reason, that Older email address why didn't you switch over your Adobe, and ALL OTHER forums, website, whatever internet access, accounts to the New email you would use as your Primary email account?

I wish you the best of luck getting this resolved but IMHO it seems kind of foolish to not change over your email address to the new email address. Especially since from what you've posted whatever email server or service you were using got Totally Shut Down. You must of had some warning, didn't you?

If that older email service still exists and you can remember (or have a Written Recorded) of the password for it you can setup your email client, or use their Web Based email system, to access that old account and rectify this problem yourself.

I used my Bellsouth emails when I was a subscriber of the Bellsouth system for wired phone, cell and internet access (and still have access to those accounts) but when I dropped BS for all those services I switched to a Google email account. And switched all my internet logons to use the Google email address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it seems kind of foolish to not change over your email address to the new email address

I have been there. That is the problem with us oldies (to the forum), we tend to forget to tweak things when all is working well.

Edit: Forgot to say that I went into the backroom and the problem was fixed within 24 hours.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have changed the email but its not something l really thought about to be honest, given the length of time passed. Cant remember exactly how long l've been posting in this forum now, over 10 years, maybe longer. l havent used the original registered forum email for maybe 8 or more of those years. Whilst the email provider is still going l think they shut down your account if its been inactive for a long period of time. I suspect they may have emailed at some point but its a case of 'out of sight out of mind', l never checked that email account in 8 plus years. 

No damage really done apart from l lost my forum 'Legend' status. Just strange why it suddenly stopped working after such a long time. Its obviously something that can be attributed to Adobe which was triggered in the last day or so.

I was more concerned l had upset someone again as l've had a few run ins with various participants over the years but nothing which would cause problems recently. Infact its all been remarkably civil in here for sometime, probably as a result of less and less activity as Dreamweaver unfortunately becomes a marginalised product these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reply to: osgood-

Quote:

l havent used the original registered forum email for maybe 8 or more of those years. Whilst the email provider is still going l think they shut down your account if its been inactive for a long period of time. 

End Quote:

Don't know about your older email provider but all of my Bellsouth accounts, 3 of them, are still active and I have NOT sent any emails from any of those accounts in many many years. I do still get a email sent to them from time to time and do have them included in my email client software (Mozilla Thunderbird) and that program does access those accounts everytime I start that program. AFAIK they are still active. Even though they had been switched over to Yahoo years ago.

If you remember the email address (YouUserName @ WhateverDomain . Com/net/org/whatever) and the password for it I would try to access it.

Oh and in September I will be starting my 70th year on this planet. So I'm No Spring Chicken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately l have no recollection of the password. I did try just in case there was a password recovery associated with the account but this particular email provider wants to send a verify text to my mobile. I dont give mobile numbers out because that usually results in a raft of unsolicited text from takeaway chicken burger companies, if you get my point.

Ill probably try to access the forum with my old details at some point when l can be bothered and it might work but l dont want to have to empty the browsers cache again anytime this side of 2075 as that obviously has a knock on effect with other accounts, thankfully of which l mostly do have details of although l suspect lll come across one or two in time, which many cause an issue, well see.

l have nothing associated with the old account which is particularly important and this one is working fine. Once l get asked to sign in again as you do from time to time lll try the old account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah whatever. Best of luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Osgood- (Osgood_)

Someone had apparently decided you were naughty and banned you. I've fixed this and reached out to the person who took that action for more information about what exactly happened.

Sorry for the trouble!

-David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi David,

Would be interested to find out why this particular individual thinks I've been naughty?

I can't recall posting anything recently that would have been offensive to anyone in the forum and certainly to my knowledge no individual in this forum has recently expressed that I have been rude or aggressive towards them.

Sure I've had a few heated discussions in the past when the forum was a lot more lively but in recent months there's not really been much to discuss or debate where a situation would get out of control, so to speak.

Anyway thanks for letting me know, appreciate it. If its possible to clarify that would be a bonus.

Edited: All I can think of it must have been related to the discussion below where I voiced a generic opinion about what I thought of adults forcing kids into learning to code:

https://tinyurl.com/y8wokeux 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines