Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Looking for Master Detail page set tool

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2020 Nov 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I´m now new in Dreamweaver 2020 and I try to find my way in. Before that I worked with older versions.

I´m looking for the "Master Detail page" tool from older DW but can not find it.

Do I have to download a tool or has this function been deleted without replacement?

Thanks for any help.

Best regards,

Mirko 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you working with dynamic server behaviours in the older version of Dreamweaver to create Master/Details pages?

If so those server behaviours are now out-dated in older versions of the product and have therefore been removed in current versions of the product. There are (or was) new server behaviours in the pipeline for Dreamweaver and I believe some are included in the beta version of Dreamweaver (although I could be mistaken in saying that). New server behaviours were promised some time back BUT since then the Dreamweaver techs have been concentrating in getting the product compatible with the new OSs and they seem to have been forgotten.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your response. I found this tool very useful - from the Macromedia days. Now I'm thinking of going back to CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My advice us not to use the server behaviours in CS6. The PHP version is vastly outdated and could pose a security risk. 

Much better would be to add this extension to your current version of Dreamweaver: http://www.webassist.com/product/mysqli

Alternatively, use another IDE. I use: https://wappler.io/

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might also want to consider a CMS to build out what you are asking and utilizing its template system and just making a master/detail template for your page types.  This would likely be another recommended path to take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Creative Suite is outdated.  Don't use it.
  • Server-Behaviors are outdated.  Don't use them.

Please tell us a bit more about your project.   What are you planning to build?  How will it be used?  What are your coding skills?  We can make better suggestions that way.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good Morning

Thanks a lot for all the answers. I have to convert several pages to PHP7. I'll take a look at the links and then I'll think about it. But thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Mirko 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines