• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost custom snippets after upgrading to Dreamweaver CC 2018

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had a large set of custom snippets that I have moved from version to version of Dreamweaver for years. With the most recent upgrade to CC 2018 the old method of finding them in the configuration folder on the local drive does not work. During the upgrade, it asked me if I wanted to enable cloud sync. I said no, not knowing this would be needed to get the custom snippets. I have since attempted to enable syncing, but have not been able to get the custom snippets back. How can I restore them? Is there a way to store them locally?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

If the old version is still there, the Snippets folder is in the same location it had been in previous versions...

C: > Users > your username > AppData (you need hidden files turned on to see this) > Roaming > Adobe > Dreamweaver ( old version) > your language > Configuration > Snippets > copy your custom folder or snippets from here

then go to...

C: > Users > your username > AppData (you need hidden files turned on to see this) > Roaming > Adobe > Dreamweaver CC 2018 > your language > Configuratio

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When installing, did you by chance turn off the "Delete older verions" checkbox under Advanced Options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't remember seeing that option, but I am sure I would have answered no... and my local folder for DW 2017 is still under my local user account. But no snippets are in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the old version is still there, the Snippets folder is in the same location it had been in previous versions...

C: > Users > your username > AppData (you need hidden files turned on to see this) > Roaming > Adobe > Dreamweaver ( old version) > your language > Configuration > Snippets > copy your custom folder or snippets from here

then go to...

C: > Users > your username > AppData (you need hidden files turned on to see this) > Roaming > Adobe > Dreamweaver CC 2018 > your language > Configuration > Snippets > paste the folder or files here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how I have always done it, but there are no custom snippets in that local folder or any local folder that I can find. I created a new unique custom snippet and it is not on the local drive that I can find. They don't appear to be stored locally for DW CC 2017 and 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know if something transferred with the syncing, but they're suddenly back. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines