• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost Dreamweaver CS6 FTP info after Catalina macOS 10.15.4 update, can I retrieve from Time Machine

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2020 Apr 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just changed my macOS to 10.15.4 Catalina. In doing so, all my Adobe CS6 apps ceased working. So, I decided to bite the bullet and subscribe to Creative Cloud, which includes Dreamweaver 2020.

I had been using Dreamweaver CS6 for years and it had the FTP info for dozens of sites I have worked on and that information no longer seems to be available in Dreamweaver 2020.

I have a Time Machine backup of my computer from before Catalina. Is there a way for me to look through the Time Machine backup and find the file that is holding my FTP info for all these sites? Or is there another way I can retrieve this lost information?

TOPICS
Other , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you previously exported your site definition settings and saved them in a safe place, you can import the STE files into DW CC. See link below for details.  I strongly urge you to export STE files whenever you create a new site def.

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/using/import-export-dreamweaver-site-settings.html

In the absence of any STE files, you can check in the following file path. 

<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/12/Sites/Site Prefs

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines