• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

low contrast code

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just upgraded Dreamweaver. Code is now displayed in colors that are low-contrast from the background, no matter which theme I use.

It's totally unusable.

I don't care to change all the colors manually. Just tell me how to restore good, high-contrast colors in one step.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only 1 step way to get back to the old color scheme is to go back to your older version of DW.

Both can be installed on the same machine at the same time.

The ability to get the exact same color theme no longer exists in DW. The ability to get close does, but it's certainly not "one step".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to GitHub and get a Brackets Code Theme you like.

Brackets Themes

Copy contents of the main.less file to your clipboard.

Go to DW Preferences > Interface.    I'm using a high contrast code theme called Ruby Blue.   Select any theme, hit the plus sign and give it a new name.  Click the pencil icon to edit the theme's main.less file.  Paste clipboard contents.  Save changes.  Apply your new theme. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few problems with "Brackets Themes"

First, Ruby Blue is still very low contrast for me. It looks like there is no change in the text colors compared to the stock themes.

I tried "Visual Studio" and it would have been great except the cursor was almost invisible. "=" signs were low contrast to the point of illegibility but other punctuation was okay.

I would have liked to try more of the light themes but any of the ones I looked at were missing a "less" file, and thus were useless. It appears that most "Brackets" themes are missing the "less" file.

So I still need a real solution. Given that "Ruby Blue" didn't look much different than the stock text colors, I wonder if there is some other problem I'm dealing with.

Perhaps only downgrading to 2017 will help. In that case, how do I downgrade?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the CSS file. This translates as Less in a Less file.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To install older versions...

1. Open the CC Desktop App

2. Click the Apps tab

3. Click the small arrow next to DW's Open/Install/Update button

4. Choose "Other Versions"

5. Click the version you'd like to go back to in the pop up dialogue window

You can have multiple versions installed on the same machines at the same time under a single subscription. They won't run concurrently, so to use newer features, you would first need to close the older version and open the newer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Let us know if moving to a previous version helped. I am more inclined towards Nancy's observations.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a graphics problem to me.

Have you updated your graphics drivers lately?

Is your monitor calibrated?  Maybe your color profile is corrupted.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines