• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac book crashed and lost site connections in dreamweaver, to all my sites. Where are they?

Explorer ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know how to connect a folder to an existing server connection? My computer crashed and the sites I work on in Dreamweaver are only available by clicking the individual files in their respective folders. When I select "Select from Site," it has been cleared out. I can see all my credentials are in "manage sites" but don't know how to connect them. Thanks for any help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2020 May 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you previously export your site definition settings to STE files and store them someplace safe?

If yes, you can import them from Site > Manage Sites panel.

If you don't have STE backups, create a new site definition from Site > New Site.

Tell DW where your site folder resides on your primary hard drive.  Under the Servers tab, enter your remote server's log-in credentials and root directory.  If unsure, contact your web host.

Post back if you have questions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Were you using Time Machine on your Macbook?  If so, you should be able to just restore the files.  If you don't want to do a full restore, look for your user library --> Application Support --> Adobe --> Common --> {Version} --> Sites --> Site Prefs  and restore it there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines