Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac High Sierra

Community Expert ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

High Sierra is rolling out today.  

http://www.macworld.co.uk/review/mac-software/macos-high-sierra-vs-macos-sierra-3660082/

Is there any word yet on how this will impact current & previous versions of DW?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

From the info I received, the team has identified a few issues with High Sierra for the next update, none of which are deal breakers. The list will be published in the Known Issues doc when the next update is released. It is probable that we will hear of issues, other than those listed in the known issues doc, after users migrate to the latest version.

Like you correctly pointed out, I wish that users who use Dreamweaver especially for production purposes will complete their projects before they

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dont know. I'm still on Yosemite, a machine which is only 2.5 years old and in that time we have seen El Capitan, Sierra, now High Sierra (whatever the **** that is)

I never upgrade an OS unless I really need to and its got to be something that I really want to force me to do it. Once I have an OS that is working and all the programs I have are running smoothly why change something that iasnt broken for little reward and possible melt-down.

I just cant figure out Apple - why bring out a new OS every year. I though Microsoft was bad but Apple are challenging them for their title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple's making big changes to file management, graphics, etc...  This is one more step in that direction.

I always wait before upgrading, too.   But many Mac users will jump on this the first day.  I'm just wondering what kinds of complaints we can anticipate from fellow forum users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this Nancy, I just hope that the next version of Dw has been fully tested using this OS. Otherwise I can see me not answering any questions when Dw next is released.

I will have to take a few week out to test it anyway .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

Apple's making big changes to file management, graphics, etc...  This is one more step in that direction.

I always wait before upgrading, too.   But many Mac users will jump on this the first day.  I'm just wondering what kinds of complaints we can anticipate from fellow forum users.

Yeah, apparenty I dont know if its this version or the next version but it wont run any 32bit programs so if any one on a Mac has got an old favourite progam which is still 32bit maybe do some research before updating or convince the guy who produced that app to re-work it into 64bit, if you can still find them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2017 Sep 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will check with the team about whether the next version has been tested on High Sierra, but one product which will potentially be affected more than the rest in the web space is Adobe Animate. This is not because of the software itself but we have heard of High Sierra issues on Wacom devices.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link may help -

http://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac-software/which-apps-wont-work-in-macos-high-sierra-3664177/

In a couple of the other forums, i am reading a few complaints about programs not working correctly, and while i do not wish to insult anyone, i sometimes wonder if some computer users even know why they update, especially  without checking programs they rely on first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What galls me most is when legacy creative suite users say,  "My 10 year old product just stopped working on my  newly upgraded OS.  Adobe needs to fix this."  <shaking head>  Uh, huh. </shaking head>

I'm advising people to do a clean re-install on top of the new OS.  We'll have to wait & see how that's working out...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 27, 2017 Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

From the info I received, the team has identified a few issues with High Sierra for the next update, none of which are deal breakers. The list will be published in the Known Issues doc when the next update is released. It is probable that we will hear of issues, other than those listed in the known issues doc, after users migrate to the latest version.

Like you correctly pointed out, I wish that users who use Dreamweaver especially for production purposes will complete their projects before they test their software on the latest OS.

Needless to say, versions of Dreamweaver other than the current and the next have not been tested on High Sierra. Users of such Dreamweaver versions will hopefully exercise discretion before migrating to the latest OS.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines