• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make template, etc are grey !

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2020 Jan 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a perfect html file that I want to save as template and can't. My ultimate goal is to make the file a nested template. I also need to link the menu items and can't find a selection tool...DW 20.0 on Mac 10.13.6........thanks ! Carol

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you working with a Defined Site?

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/how-to/define-a-dreamweaver-site.html

Not sure what you mean by "selection tool". To turn text into links, you highlight the text, then in the HTML section of the Properties window, add a URL to the Link field. 

If you're new to the recent versions of DW, it's possible you're trying to edit in Live View, which is different from the way things work in Design View.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you define your local site folder yet?  That is a very important first step.  Otherwise, DW cannot manage assets for you.  Go to Site > New Site >  and tell DW where your project folder resides on your primary hard drive. Once the site is defined, you should have no trouble saving the HTML file as a Template.dwt.

Nested Templates are a bad idea and very messy to work with.  I cannot think of a single situation where you would ever need much less want to nest Templates.   Your time will be better spent creating a sitewide stylesheet that covers all your site requirements.  Add Editable Regions for content that will change from page to page.  And add Optional Editable Regions for elements that you use in some but not all pages.  Avoid nesting Templates at all cost..

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines