• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Making a larger link in a shared template

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am having trouble making my phone number larger in a shared template. The link is shared at the top of all of my pages. When I try editing the font size it doesn't work. Any suggestions for code? I tried putting the font size in both but it's not working. The code is supposed to allow the phone number to remain on top of the page as they scroll through.

Thanks!

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"; font-size="100px">

<a href="tel://604.874.4005">  Call <i class="fa fa-mobile"; font-size="100px"></i>: (604)874-4005</a>

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Open your Template.dwt file.

Locate yoour phone number in the source code.  

To make the Font Awesome icon bigger, add fa-3x class as shown below.  Or you can use 2x, 4x or 5x depending on what size you prefer.

<a href="tel://6048744005">  Call <i class="fa fa-mobile fa-3x"></i>: (604)874-4005</a>

Save Template and populate changes to child pages.  Upload all child pages to server.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you're mixing things up a bit and coming out with some malformed code.

The css property "font-size" doesn't go in your <meta> tags. It belongs in the CSS of the site, either in an external stylesheet, or in the <style> tag of your <head> section...

<style>
.mylink {
     font-size:100px;

}

</style>

You would then write the class into your link...

<a href="somepage.html" class="mylink">your link here</a>

The deprecated html attribute was called "size" and was added to a <font> tag (note, no hyphen below)...

<font size="100">

...but that should not be used in websites anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open your Template.dwt file.

Locate yoour phone number in the source code.  

To make the Font Awesome icon bigger, add fa-3x class as shown below.  Or you can use 2x, 4x or 5x depending on what size you prefer.

<a href="tel://6048744005">  Call <i class="fa fa-mobile fa-3x"></i>: (604)874-4005</a>

Save Template and populate changes to child pages.  Upload all child pages to server.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines