• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Managing a RHEL 7 site using Dreamweaver CC 2017

Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using Dreamweaver CC 2017 to manage our web servers.  Up until recently one in particular has been a RHEL 6 web server.  I had no problems managing the site (e.g. connecting, checking files in/out, editing, etc.).  Our system administrators just upgraded it to RHEL 7.  Now when I try to map to the server and manage the site, when I enter my username/password, I get an error message stating 'username/password is incorrect'.  I can use putty to connect with the same credentials with no problem.  I have verified that my credentials are correct.  This same thing is happening on our other RHEL 7 server with the same error message.  I am able to connect and manage several other servers with RHEL 6.  Have you experienced others having problems with RHEL 7?  Is there a compatibility problem with that particular operating system?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

FYI - our System Administrator figured out my problem.  He added the following entry to the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file and restarted sshd. 

MACs hmac-sha1,hmac-sha2-512,hmac-sha2-256

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be the new server uses stronger encryption. Maybe that's why Putty works and DW doesn't.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy for the reply.  I believe that you are on to something.  With the first server that we upgraded, I had to install the latest version of Putty in order for it to work.  Is there a setting somewhere in Dreamweaver that would increase the encryption from that end so that the connection would work with the more secure web server?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2018 Jan 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI - our System Administrator figured out my problem.  He added the following entry to the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file and restarted sshd. 

MACs hmac-sha1,hmac-sha2-512,hmac-sha2-256

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines