Highlighted

Many files open when I close and open again Dreamweaver

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I find it little practical to click on the small cross in order to close each file open with DW. So sometimes, I close the program, save the files when I prompted to do it and start again DW. Then DW opens all the files and even more files. How can I start with only one document?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

Go to Edit > Preferences > General and turn off "Reopen documents on startup"...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Many files open when I close and open again Dreamweaver

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I find it little practical to click on the small cross in order to close each file open with DW. So sometimes, I close the program, save the files when I prompted to do it and start again DW. Then DW opens all the files and even more files. How can I start with only one document?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

Go to Edit > Preferences > General and turn off "Reopen documents on startup"...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Feb 28, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click one of the file tabs and choose

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2018 1
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a BIG FAN of the keyboard shortcut CTRL-SHIFT-W.

V/r,

^ _ ^

EDIT: Or did they remove that in CC?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2018 0
Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nah, that shortcut's still there.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2018 0
Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 28, 2018 1