Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Migration Dreamweaver CS5 to new computer

New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Background

I am replacing my ageing computer (Windows 7) with a new one (Windows 7 also). I have used Window’s Easy Transfer to migrate content from the old computer to the new one. However, although it has migrated Dreamweaver CS5 successfully - EXCEPT when it opens, it is preceded by a program called “Adobe Extension Manager”

Problem

As this is bothersome and I don’t want this nuisance every time I access the program - How do I solve this problem?

OR

As I have the CD and product pin should I just reload it to the new computer over the top of the existing program and re register it?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Migration software rarely works well with programs.  The installation routine is needed to change upper level Windows registry files.  Best advice, use the CS cleaner tools to wipe Adobe products off your system and then reinstall with your disks in the usual manner.    Any 3rd party extensions you use will need to be reinstalled with CS5 Extension Manager.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Migration software rarely works well with programs.  The installation routine is needed to change upper level Windows registry files.  Best advice, use the CS cleaner tools to wipe Adobe products off your system and then reinstall with your disks in the usual manner.    Any 3rd party extensions you use will need to be reinstalled with CS5 Extension Manager.

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy

Thanks, the reinstall worked well.

One more question if I may:

I have 23 web sites. I don't suppose you know where in DW's Directory it keep the file for site file location and connection data, as at this stage I have not put my old computer to sleep. and of course is it advisable just to do a Co&P instead of the the laborious task of reestablishing them one at at time?

My Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to know the location, this will help you to export and import all of your file settings in one go.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Ben Much Appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines