Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mildly frustrating

LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

There is one thing that has been mildly frustrating and I've put it off long enough.

I have Dw set so that it will automatically open the files that were left open when Dw closed.

Every time I start Dw, the file tab that had the focus when I closed Dw (assuming more than one file opened) gets moved to the far right (still has focus).

Why?  What is the point?  I don't care if the last focus gets focus back when Dw opens, but moving it to the far right (esp if I have 20+ documents open) is annoying.  Is there a fix, for this?

V/r,

^ _ ^

TOPICS
Bootstrap , Browser , Code , Download install and licensing , Error , Extensions , How to , Import and export , Interface , Other , Performance , Preview , Product issue , Publish , Server side applications

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you aware that you can click and drag document tabs to reorder them? 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am.  Still frustrating.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't the files open in ascending, alpha-numeric order?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not on my Dw.  Every file, except the file that had focus when Dw was closed, are still in the same order in which I opened them. 

Now, if I highlight several files and right-click to open, then yes, they do open in alphanumeric order.  But I usually open files one at a time, as I need them, so there's not necessarily an alphanumeric order to them.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines