Highlighted

Minimize InDesign Window

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I selected "double-click to minimiize window" in the dock/system preferences, the window doesn't collapse to the bottom. It works for every other program except InDesign CC and Dreamweaver CC. I'm on amacOS Sierra.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Minimize InDesign Window

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I selected "double-click to minimiize window" in the dock/system preferences, the window doesn't collapse to the bottom. It works for every other program except InDesign CC and Dreamweaver CC. I'm on amacOS Sierra.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you talking about the entire program not minimizing (what your OS settings should affect) or each individual document window within the program?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The entire program window, so if I have InDesign open I want to collapse the whole program. I'm able to do that with every program except Dreamweaver and InDesign.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's strange. I haven't heard of this one previously. Can you try restoring preferences and let us know?

Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure how to restore preferences.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preran gave a link describing how to do it in his last post.

Click that and follow the instructions there (it's pretty simple in the newest versions).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see the link now, thanks. I followed the steps to reset preferences but that still did not work. I'm having the same problem with InDesign so I'm going to try resetting those preferences and see if I have any luck. Thanks much for the help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still need help, please send me your Adobe ID, location, and phone number over a private message along with the URL of this post. Click my picture and use the Message button. We will get in touch with you for investigation.

If you are OK with trying another solution, try doing a clean install using Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
nimar LATEST
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Preran,

same problem with my mac. Only in indesign it won't work. Tried the cleaner tool and did a new installation. 

But the minimze by double click isn'nt working.

kind regards,

Armin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Learn Resources
Add a group