Highlighted

Missing navigation links in site imported from Muse as html pages

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is going away so have to move my web site. I exported all my pages from a working site to html from Muse. I got a folder full for stuff with all link materials , images etc. When I opened the index page in Dreamweaver, everything looks okay. The images, fonts everything looks as original except none of the top level or any of the other links work. When I try to see the site in Live View, I get this message. Are the links still there? Am new to Dreamweaver.

You tried to access an external HTML page, which can not be opened on the device for preview. Open the page in Dreamweaver to preview the page on the device.

Adobe Community Professional

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Missing navigation links in site imported from Muse as html pages

Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Muse is going away so have to move my web site. I exported all my pages from a working site to html from Muse. I got a folder full for stuff with all link materials , images etc. When I opened the index page in Dreamweaver, everything looks okay. The images, fonts everything looks as original except none of the top level or any of the other links work. When I try to see the site in Live View, I get this message. Are the links still there? Am new to Dreamweaver.

You tried to access an external HTML page, which can not be opened on the device for preview. Open the page in Dreamweaver to preview the page on the device.

Adobe Community Professional

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 02, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing your site setup it is hard to help you.

As an alternative to viewing Real-time Preview, try right-clicking the file tab and Open in Browser as per

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 02, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right clicking does not give me a choice to Open in Browser as you show in your figure above.

mcut DW.jpg

The only choice in File menu is as in the second figure below. When I pick any browser, I get the error message that I need to open the file in Dreamewver.

The version I am using the CC version, the very latest as I just updated it couple of days ago.

Thanks for any ideas.

cut DW2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2018 0
Explorer ,
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what the page looks like when I select one of the browsers.cut DW3.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2018 0
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2018 0
Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you define a local site folder in DW?   And did you GET the remote files and assets from your server onto your local HD?

Your Files Panel should look something like this, where C:\myTestSite is my local site folder.

CC-StarterPageAssets.jpg

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2018 1
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2018 0
Chardb LATEST
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that did it. I was able to open it in Chrome and navigate to all pages correctly. THANK YOU SO VERY VERY MUCH!

Exporting from Muse has turned out to be not so horrible with your help.

Charan

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 04, 2018 0