• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobile device preview - emulator

Engaged ,
Dec 30, 2018 Dec 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can use the built in "Preview on device" but this is limited to my own device.

Resizing the preview screen, whether on live view or the browser is not the same as preview on actual mobile devices due to scaling affect and screen dimensions.

Is there a way to preview my site on mobile emulators using dream weaver?

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure there will be other responses to your query, but I personally do not trust emulations. I have relatively new iPhone and iPad, plus several Android devices: phones and tablets. You can purchase cheap phones and tablets. The phones do not need a phone service - simply connect via your WiFi.

With a manually coded responsive page, a desktop/laptop browser window-resizing session should provide a darn good representation and clue you in if you need more rigorous testing.

Chrome developer tools also does a decent job of representing devices.

What I'm in the dark about is how Bootstrap factors into the equation. I never use Bootstrap, so it might present "unique" variables.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing native inside Dreamweaver beyond what you've already mentioned. There are plenty of emulators and services that allow previewing and testing for multiple devices/browsers.

https://www.slant.co/topics/1511/~best-cloud-based-cross-browser-testing-services

Are you on a Windows or Mac machine?

Specifically which devices did you want to test on?

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on PC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bootstrap has a worldwide community of  people using and testing it on various devices.   So if there's a glitch somewhere on a particular device,  it's often described on Github with possible workarounds.

I don't rely on emulators because I know they're not accurate.  Screenshots don't tell the whole story either.  You must test your UI on some real devices.   I have 3 iOS and 2 older androids lying around for testing.  In addition I pester friends & family.  And when I'm at the shopping mall or Apple store, I use their floor models to look at my web sites.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines