Highlighted

Mobile-first indexing enabled

Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For each the sites that I have developed for my clients, I received the following message from Google.

junk..png

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Mobile-first indexing enabled

Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For each the sites that I have developed for my clients, I received the following message from Google.

junk..png

Ben

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 03, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure it makes much difference unless you have a dedicated desktop website and dedicated mobile website like the bcc.co.uk

Google seems to be implying in the past they used the desktop version, regardless of if you had a dedicated mobile version of your website ,to rank it. Now they seem to be saying we'll use your mobile version, if you have one.

In your case both your desktop and mobile version are so similar it makes no difference, I guess.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2018 0
pziecina LATEST
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

osgood_  wrote

In your case both your desktop and mobile version are so similar it makes no difference, I guess.

It would make a difference to sites built similar to, or as Muse built desktop/mobile sites. Indeed anything that does not give the user an automatic desktop or mobile site directly from the code will, (hopefully) now start to have problems, seo wise.

Google did say about 18 months ago that it was getting close to making mobile the default over desktop, due to the steady increase of mobile user numbers. They also said about 3 years ago, that smartphones were already the dominant device in most 2nd/3rd world countries, and that those countries are the most rapidly growing market.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 03, 2018 0