• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mobile Pages only

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would like to have two home pages. One version for desktop and one for mobile. I DO NOT WANT A RESPONSIVE WEBSITE. I want to identify on version of a page to be for desktop and one for mobile. Kinda like Muse use too. www.sitename/home and www.sitename/home/phone. Please let me know if you can help. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 10, 2018 Nov 10, 2018

Simply build the two index pages at the required size(s) using pre responsive design methods, the best type to use for both is what was known as 'fluid or liquid' design, (google both).

You will also require a script, (php and/or js) to detect the viewport size, of which there are many, (again google the subject) and deliver the appropriate page.

It should be said, that just like Muse sites that used this approach, it will become more and more difficult to get the correct site to to load on the re

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply build the two index pages at the required size(s) using pre responsive design methods, the best type to use for both is what was known as 'fluid or liquid' design, (google both).

You will also require a script, (php and/or js) to detect the viewport size, of which there are many, (again google the subject) and deliver the appropriate page.

It should be said, that just like Muse sites that used this approach, it will become more and more difficult to get the correct site to to load on the required device. This is because both desktop and mobile browsers are constantly evolving, and a mobile device, (such as iPhone x) may be identified as a small desktop monitor, (one of the reasons why Muse failed more and more).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand what I want to do is not Ideal. Thank you for helping me get in the right direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines