• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

More than 100% of a MacBook Pro 2018's CPU all the time DW is open, battery down after 30 min, code that becomes illegible, etc....

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A big issue like this is unacceptable when when it lasts for too long. So, I'm waiting for the solving from DW's team. A few days ago, there was an update of DW. None of the common issues have been resolved, neither this one.

I'am an developper (swift, php, c++, etc...), for a long time. I also use DW for a long time. Some of its issues are here for a long time. But now it's really affects my productivity. If I sold software to my customers as many issues as DW, they would ask to be refunded. And they would be right. I'm tired of fighting against a team that prefers to add features that solve old and common issues. OK, all the big business development teams are doing the same thing.... It sells better, i guess.

Capture d’écran 2019-06-13 à 11.00.14.png

Capture d’écran 2019-06-10 à 19.18.26.png

Capture+d’écran+2019-05-24+à+17.21.39.png

Capture+d’écran+2019-05-24+à+13.26.30.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh : dont send me a solution to get around these issues. I can do by myself. I'm just testifying here and hoping that someday these problems will be solved, before I turn to another software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quite honestly, there is no point in posting the same complaints over and over again. If I had such a bad experiance with Dw I would have dumped it, which I have, (I use CS6 occasionally).

I don't know how true the video in this discussion is, as I don't use a mac, but it illustrates that the problems are not limited to Dw.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2629691

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vincente91328891  wrote

Oh : dont send me a solution to get around these issues. I can do by myself. I'm just testifying here and hoping that someday these problems will be solved, before I turn to another software.

You are preaching to the choir here.  This is neither the bug reporting, feature request nor feedback forum.

CC-submitBug.jpg

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NEW version 19.2 of DW. THIS ISSUE STILL HERE. THIS IS A SHAME

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2019 Jun 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

vincente91328891​ I'm not clear on how your machine arrived to this point... is this only occurring when editing the same one file / set of files, or does this happen with every file you work with (even empty docs)?

Also, is there a reason *so many* of your code tag lines are collapsed, and could that be causing Dw to hiccup while processing your updates?

I'm just trying to get a little more of the picture. (I run PHP, HTML, CSS and JS-heavy files in Dw every day and have never experienced anything like this, and can only imagine how infuriating this must be for you...)

Hope this helps!
Make sure to press "✔ Correct Answer" on this post if this answers your question. Happy Creating!
Anissa • @anissat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2019 Jun 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This happen with every PHP files where function use the new PHP 7.x protocol (with return types declaration) :

function myFunc([type] $value😞 [returnType] {}

If too much of these declaration are set (especially in a PHP class), the "node" (or sometimes, the main) process of DW turns in loop and uses over than 100% of the MAC CPU (Macbook Pro i7 2018).

And each time DW crashs (so, in this case), my collapsed code tag lines (from every opened files in DW!) move out of line and looks like the screenshot I've spent above.

I wast a lot of time with these two accrued issues.

For info, I use the last of DW's 19.2 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines