• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Dreamweaver to another computer

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI, I bough Dreamweaver a while ago and installed it on my MacBook Pro.

Recently I had problems with the hard drive and ended up having it reformatted but that didn't work well. I am now going to buy a new Mac or PC and want to know how I will find out what Dreamweaver I bough and can I can I download it again onto a new machine.

Thanks in advance

Stephen

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

To add to Nancy's post, since you mention possibly moving to a Windows machine from Mac, Creative Suite versions of the program are platform specific. If you had the Mac version, you won't be able to install it on a Windows machine unless you conduct a Platform Swap with Adobe. There are a lot of stipulations you have to meet in order to do it, so it may be better to stick with your current OS type on your new machine.

The Creative Cloud however is not platform specific. You get the same two inst

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Log-in to  your Adobe Account.  Hopefully you registered your software online in which case the product description and serial number should be listed in your account. 

Without a serial number, Adobe Customer Care agents cannot give you download links to legacy products.  Also keep in mind that older software is not certified to run on the latest operating systems.

Contact Customer Care

CS2 and earlier are no longer available for download.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To add to Nancy's post, since you mention possibly moving to a Windows machine from Mac, Creative Suite versions of the program are platform specific. If you had the Mac version, you won't be able to install it on a Windows machine unless you conduct a Platform Swap with Adobe. There are a lot of stipulations you have to meet in order to do it, so it may be better to stick with your current OS type on your new machine.

The Creative Cloud however is not platform specific. You get the same two installations but it doesn't matter Mac vs Windows, you can install it on either or both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jon brings up a very good point.  Platform swaps are no longer available for CS6 and earlier versions because they are no longer sold or supported.

Exchange a product for a different language or platform version

Also 32-bit apps won't run on Catalina -- the latest Mac OS due out this fall.

https://appletoolbox.com/psa-macos-catalina-will-kill-your-32-bit-apps-heres-what-you-should-know/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines