• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MSetup Dreamweaver for localhost without a remote host

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Dreamweaver but it is part of my Adobe CC subscription.  Upon trying it for HTML/CSS, I am delighted at how easy to use and keep files organized.  Now I am wondering if I can use it for PHP/JS learning, and if so, how to set DW up to run will only a local host and NO remote host.  Is this possible on my Mac Pro?  If so, what changes in Preferences should I make.  ( I am using NAMPP and Local by Flywheel with my training programs).

TOPICS
Browser , How to , Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

I like to keep my local site inside my testing server's default web folder.   My Wamp server uses www folder.  On Xampp, Mamp and Mamp Pro, the default folder is htdocs.  See screenshots.

Local Site in Local Testing ServerLocal Site in Local Testing ServerAdd Testing ServerAdd Testing ServerLocalhostLocalhostServer modelServer modelFinal screenFinal screen

Post back if you have questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see https://helpx.adobe.com/au/dreamweaver/using/set-testing-server.html

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2020 Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like to keep my local site inside my testing server's default web folder.   My Wamp server uses www folder.  On Xampp, Mamp and Mamp Pro, the default folder is htdocs.  See screenshots.

Local Site in Local Testing ServerLocal Site in Local Testing ServerAdd Testing ServerAdd Testing ServerLocalhostLocalhostServer modelServer modelFinal screenFinal screen

Post back if you have questions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2020 Jul 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, this is complex enough for a simple problem.  I just need to set up a separate test directory.  Thanks for the visual baby steps, that really helped my older brain understand.   Hey, DW programmers, how about a setup wizard to do this with the first installation?  There could be variant setup wizards for most common setups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines