• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple duplicate remote files

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a student that keeps having the same issue where she is seeing multiple duplicate remote files show on the remote side but not on the local side. What causes this action? See image below:

multiple remote files.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

As we went through her files, I found her remote set up correctly (from what I could see). I do not have back end access to the remote server files. I am wondering if "dragging" a folder over caused this duplication? I have seen this duplication in other student files. We removed the sub folders by deleting them in the remote server. Not sure if this solved the underlying issue but it worked for now and we can see the correct path to her websites.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an iadea that she has not setup the remote server properly. The following image shows that my root directory is /httpdocs. What has she set it up as?

junk.png

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As we went through her files, I found her remote set up correctly (from what I could see). I do not have back end access to the remote server files. I am wondering if "dragging" a folder over caused this duplication? I have seen this duplication in other student files. We removed the sub folders by deleting them in the remote server. Not sure if this solved the underlying issue but it worked for now and we can see the correct path to her websites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines