• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple If Region templates

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not find any any menu option to insert a Multiple If condition for a region.

I found the code,

<!-- TemplateBeginMultipleIf -->

<!-- TemplateBeginIfClause cond="Dept == 1" --> <div>1 -- sales.gif</div> <!-- TemplateEndIfClause -->

<!-- TemplateBeginIfClause cond="Dept == 2" --> <div>2 --- sales.gif</div> <!-- TemplateEndIfClause-->

<!-- TemplateBeginIfClause cond="Dept == 3" --> <div>3 ----sales.gif</div> <!-- TemplateEndIfClause -->

<!-- TemplateEndMultipleIf -->

But I can't find any way to add it by a menu item like Optional regions and so.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Ok, Then I have to accept this new issue in Dreamweaver and I will have to hand code part of my templates.

I consider this article closed.

Thanks for your answers.

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Dreamweaver?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh!, i forgot it: Dreamweaver 2017.5, last version I think

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can define expressions for IF or multiple IF conditions in Code view or in the Optional Region dialog box.   Go to Insert menu > Template > Optional Region and click on the Advanced tab.

How to design web pages based on Dreamweaver templates

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I do so I get

<!-- TemplateBeginIf cond="item == 1" --><!-- TemplateEndIf -->

<!-- TemplateBeginIf cond="item == 2" --><!-- TemplateEndIf -->

And not

<!-- TempalteParam name="Item" type="number" value="1" -->

<!-- TemplateBeginMultipleIf -->

<!-- TemplateBeginIfClause cond="Dept == 1" --> <div>1 -- sales.gif</div> <!-- TemplateEndIfClause -->

<!-- TemplateBeginIfClause cond="Dept == 2" --> <div>2 --- sales.gif</div> <!-- TemplateEndIfClause-->

<!-- TemplateBeginIfClause cond="Dept == 3" --> <div>3 ----sales.gif</div> <!-- TemplateEndIfClause -->

<!-- TemplateEndMultipleIf -->

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you confortable with code or do you prefer wysiwyg mode ?

personnaly I never used the insert panel, tool bar or others visual tools. You can directly use the code view and insert manually what you do need and where you need it... you can have support from the snippet pael....

plus I think that templates visual features has been more or less truncated since the binding panel was removed... and in this last build I do'nt think there is anymore the model properties, param insertion and so on...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just an opinion. I look for an answer.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to this document, it is all hand coded: How to design web pages based on Dreamweaver templates

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always loved the joy and friendliness of forums ... arf arf ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/B+i+r+n+o+u  wrote

+1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/B+i+r+n+o+u  wrote

I guess that's the downside helping out in a forum predominately bereft of many who dont have the necessary coding skills. I had to have a chuckle yesterday at  a post which went along the lines of. 'Nothing to do with me governor, I'm completley faultless - must have a bug in my program which keeps putting in all these deprecated attributes and double <title> unbalanced <head> tags'...............humm..........coding, what a bore, totally meaningless if you can point and click.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, Then I have to accept this new issue in Dreamweaver and I will have to hand code part of my templates.

I consider this article closed.

Thanks for your answers.

Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just for your info, this is a user2user forum. Regular contributors to the forum try and help their peers as much as is possible, all free of charge. One of the rewards they get is based on a points system, the other is the appreciation they get from the ones that have been helped

Your snide remarks have not helped the cause, nor does one depart without some form of appreciation to the time and effort given by those that have tried to help. Marking one's own answer as correct is the height of arrogance.

Goodbye!

Edit: If you have any regrets about marking your own answer as correct, please let me know and I shall shall mark the reply that you think is more appropriate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines