Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My "sites" are suddenly gone.

New Here ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem 1:

Hi, I switched from one site to another, which caused DW to load. After 30 seconds I closed DW via job list. When I opened it again, all my 200-300 sites are suddenly gone. Are there anyone who knows a solution?

If I look at Site Prefs, I find some sites that I do not find in the editor, which is strange. It doesn't seem like it's using the Prefs.

I use DW 19.1.

Problem 2:

The last year I have had problems with DW after xx minutes, i have to connect to my site again. If a couple of minutes goes by since I saved, then DW must connect to my site, which takes 30-40 seconds. It's super annoying that it should always "load" if i don't keep the connection "live". Make sense?

Problem 3:

Sometimes DW just throws my FTP information on sites. It does not delete the site, but it deletes the username and password which is very annoying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

dyngby  wrote

Hehe. You do not need to worry about that. It has nothing to do with my problem.

It is as you stated in  problem #2.  You're trying to stay connected to a server that has timed out.   For everyone else, saving files is no problem because we don't upload on save which takes more resources and a constant connection to the server.   A bad practice all around.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your description doesn't give us all of the information for us to give you an informed answer. Please try Deleting a corrupted cache file first and if that does not help, come back here with information regarding the operating system and whether or not your ar talking about local or remote sites.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2019 May 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 and 3 are likely a corrupt cache file (Ben's link) or possible a corrupt preferences​ file/folder.

#2 could easily be "staying logged into the server past its time-out setting". I always make sure to disconnect after uploading because DW has always had issues (at least for me) staying connected to the server for long periods of time. It's only 1 extra click to avoid all of the wasted time of the program getting hung up in the upload process due to a server time-out that it doesn't seem to know how to handle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you auto uploading files to remote server on SAVE?  You should disable that in your Site settings.  See screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why should it be turned off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO auto uploads on save are dangerous.  One mistake could break your whole site.   Test locally first and if everything works as expected, then upload with Ctrl+Shift+U.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2019 May 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hehe. You do not need to worry about that. It has nothing to do with my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2019 May 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

dyngby  wrote

It is as you stated in  problem #2.  You're trying to stay connected to a server that has timed out.   For everyone else, saving files is no problem because we don't upload on save which takes more resources and a constant connection to the server.   A bad practice all around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines