• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MySQL Error 1045

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2020 Mar 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm attempting to build a new site, and can't get Dreamweaver 2020 to connect to my hosts MySQL server. I've gotten through a lot of issues (like rolling server-side SQL back to v5.6 (technically v5.6.40) and managed to get Dreamweaver to find the _mmServerScripts folder properly.

However, now I keep getting an Error 1045, Access Denied for user.

I've confirmed it's not me mis-typing something, reset passwords, even set up a new MySQL user and database, but I keep getting that Access Denied error.

Any pearls of wisdom?

Appreciate any and all advice!

-Zac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

I ended up finding a solution; no idea why but the issue seems to have been the server rejecting the connection because it didn't think the IP the connection came from was allowed. I had whitelisted my home IP (Remote MySQL in my cpanel), and of course the server knew connections from itsself on 127.0.0.1 were allowed, but not connections from servers own public IP address. I white listed its own public IP, and that solved the problem.

No idea why, I found that solution as a hunch. But, posting

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. My server doesn't allow me to connect to remote MySQL from DW for security reasons.  I use a local testing server for development and then migrate server data from local MySQL to remote with phpMyAdmin.

2. I  do not recommend using deprecated server-behaviors because they are not secure and they were removed from DW CC for a reason.  They are no longer fit for use.

3. If you want to develop dynamic sites, use a commercial extension. Try Wappler.  Or write your own code in MySQLi (improved) or PDO.

http://www.webassist.com/dreamweaver-extensions/mysqli

https://wappler.io/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at https://www.percona.com/blog/2019/07/05/fixing-a-mysql-1045-error/ for a possible solution.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up finding a solution; no idea why but the issue seems to have been the server rejecting the connection because it didn't think the IP the connection came from was allowed. I had whitelisted my home IP (Remote MySQL in my cpanel), and of course the server knew connections from itsself on 127.0.0.1 were allowed, but not connections from servers own public IP address. I white listed its own public IP, and that solved the problem.

No idea why, I found that solution as a hunch. But, posting it so if someone has that problem in the future, there's something to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines