• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Arrow Keys to work in Dreamweaver div tables

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can ya'll please put in a fix so we are allowed to use the arrow keys in tables and such? When i'm typing stuff in tables, I want to use the arrow keys to go to the next cell. I am unable to right now. I have to take my hand off the keyboard and go to the mouse every single time and it throws off my rhythm. 

TOPICS
Code , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

In Design View, while using actual <table> tags in CC2020, the arrows do allow you to move through the individual cells or <td> tags just as previous versions of DW have.

However, in the last site you provided code for (in your previous post) you aren't actually using any kind of table, but rather multiple <div> and <span> tags. Since your layout is not in a table, DW can't and won't treat it as one.

You would need to completely rewrite your <div>/<span> code as actual <table> code to get DW to

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's really a <table>, switch to Design view and use the Tab key.  Or use Shift+Tab to move backwards. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In Design View, while using actual <table> tags in CC2020, the arrows do allow you to move through the individual cells or <td> tags just as previous versions of DW have.

However, in the last site you provided code for (in your previous post) you aren't actually using any kind of table, but rather multiple <div> and <span> tags. Since your layout is not in a table, DW can't and won't treat it as one.

You would need to completely rewrite your <div>/<span> code as actual <table> code to get DW to treat it as a table and allow arrowing through cells the way you remember.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines