Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Help With Adobe Portfolio and Manually Adding Code

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2020 Dec 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello --

So I know this is a Dreamweaver forum but there is no Adobe Portfolio forum.  I am trying to find out if anyone knows how to manually add or alter the code in Adobe Portfolio?  In Dreamweaver you can switch between code view and design view, but in Adobe Portfolio you cannot -- or am I wrong about this?

thanks in advance!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @DominiqueSJSU 

Welcome to the Dreamweaver forum!

Adobe Portfolio is a closed online website service aimed at NON-CODERS.  Custom code insertion is NOT possible for security reasons.  For what it is, Portfolio is convenient, affordable (free) and easy to use.  

What exactly are you trying to do that you can't do in Portfolio?  Maybe I can help.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy --

I am working on another school project.  I am very limited in what I can do per the instructor, it's very frustrating.  Right now I am trying to modify what I have created thus far in Portfolio by adding a couple more buttons to the masthead and sending the main, front page image below the masthead backward so the masthead overlaps the image.   This is just fr the first page.  Adobe Portfolio seems to only allow 2 butons maximum by default in their mastheads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2020 Dec 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your school provide webspace for this class?  If they do, you may be better trying to build out your portfolio on that if you need customization because Adobe Portfolio will not provide you the customization you are looking for.  If not, you would be better off finding a host for a limited time (ie: Godaddy or Hostgator) and building a custom site there to get the level of customization you require.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GoDaddy and Hostgator are terrible actually.  My school has special deals with certain vendors.  Adobe has great products like Portfolio but it doesn't allow you to do much in terms of editing the code.  For whatever reason, Adobe has yet to integrate Portfolio with Dreamweaver and Adobe XD -- why I don't know.   I think Adobe could stand to make a ton of money if they did.  It could be that Adobe has decided they have too much money and that's why they have allowed other companies like Wordpress (who are also terribly) to blow right past them when it comes to web development.  It's a head scratcher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experience Design, Dreamweaver, Magento, Adobe Spark and Portfolio are very different products aimed at different types of users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy --

So I tried what you suggested and unfortunately it does not create a new button, that "New Link" creation tool just creates a link in the nav bar on the left.  Anyway, I appreciate the help.

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@DominiqueSJSU 

That's right, no buttons allowed in navigation because the navigation module is comprised of text links only.  But the upside is links in navigation populate to your entire site. 

To use Buttons, look for content regions that have a blue plus + sign:  project/custom pages or masthead text.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Portfolio Theme are you using?  There are 12 to choose from. 

Add custom link to navigation menu:

1. In the left side menu, under Essentials, click on Pages.

2. Scroll down and click the blue + sign.

3. From the context menu, click on Link.

4. Enter your desired link text and URL.  When done, hit the blue Create Link button. See screenshot.

Adds external link to navigation menuAdds external link to navigation menu

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Nancy, I will give this a shot.  I did notice this option in Portfolio before but I thought that it only allowed me to add a link not a button.  

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

DominiqueSJSU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines