Highlighted

Need help with video tutorial

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to complete a Dreamweaver tutorial but can't get past the first step of the video but the application has previously been opened by someone else and I cannot follow the bouncing ball. I need to be able to "start with a new or existing folder" as the app opens but I don't get that prompt or know where to find this option.

Is it possible to reset the application as if never used?

Reinstall is not an option as it is a work PC.

I hope this makes sense...

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need help with video tutorial

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to complete a Dreamweaver tutorial but can't get past the first step of the video but the application has previously been opened by someone else and I cannot follow the bouncing ball. I need to be able to "start with a new or existing folder" as the app opens but I don't get that prompt or know where to find this option.

Is it possible to reset the application as if never used?

Reinstall is not an option as it is a work PC.

I hope this makes sense...

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 08, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please supply the link to the video so that we can start off on he same level.

Ben

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2019 0
Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the tutorial starts with the Welcome/Starter Screen, you can go to the Preferences:

Edit > Preferences > General category  - Document Options: Check Show Start Screen (CC) or Show Welcome Screen (CS6)

CC:

CS6:

Image result for dreamweaver cs6 welcome screen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 09, 2019 1
Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Site > New Site and define a local site folder for your project.  This can be either a new folder or an exiting one on your hard drive.  See screenshot.  My new site folder is C:\MyTestSite.

CC-localsite.jpg

When viewed from your DW Files Panel (F8), your site's structure should  resemble this screenshot where index.html is your home page and folders contain other site assets.

CC-StarterPageAssets.jpg

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 10, 2019 1