Highlighted

Need to prevent warning "This file has been modified outside of Dreamweaver"

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to prevent Dreamwaver CC 18 from popping open the warning: "This file has been modified outside of Dreamweaver." The file has NOT been modified, but I think a time stamp issue on my network drive is confusing Dreamweaver. The warning pops up every few minutes and is making me crazy. Checking the option to not remind me again doesn't work. I'm using the OS X version.

This warning doesn't consistently popup with earlier versions of Dreamweaver, but I want to use CC 18. The warning doesn't seem to happen as much with Windows version.

The issue is similar to: Repeated "This file has been modified outside of Dreamweaver" warnings – Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Featu...

After posting this, I noticed a setting in Preferences that might help. I'm going try it today. It is the setting here:

Preferences > File Types / Editors > "Reloaded modified files"

I set the value to "Never". I hope this helps.

Correct answer by Utah-Red5 | Community Beginner

Setting the "Reloaded modified files" value to "never" works. The downside is that if there is ever a valid alert (mine were always false positives), then I won't see it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need to prevent warning "This file has been modified outside of Dreamweaver"

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to prevent Dreamwaver CC 18 from popping open the warning: "This file has been modified outside of Dreamweaver." The file has NOT been modified, but I think a time stamp issue on my network drive is confusing Dreamweaver. The warning pops up every few minutes and is making me crazy. Checking the option to not remind me again doesn't work. I'm using the OS X version.

This warning doesn't consistently popup with earlier versions of Dreamweaver, but I want to use CC 18. The warning doesn't seem to happen as much with Windows version.

The issue is similar to: Repeated "This file has been modified outside of Dreamweaver" warnings – Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Featu...

After posting this, I noticed a setting in Preferences that might help. I'm going try it today. It is the setting here:

Preferences > File Types / Editors > "Reloaded modified files"

I set the value to "Never". I hope this helps.

Correct answer by Utah-Red5 | Community Beginner

Setting the "Reloaded modified files" value to "never" works. The downside is that if there is ever a valid alert (mine were always false positives), then I won't see it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 23, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep us posted on whether you are still facing this issue after making the change.

Thanks,

Preran

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 24, 2018 0
Community Beginner ,
May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 29, 2018 0