Highlighted

Need to put a video on a private website (don't want to use YouTube, etc.)

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I obtain Dreamweaver, will it help me with an existing website?   My previous ancient programs (Front Page and MS Expression Web) are apparently no longer.  I used to be able to upload video directly to our website (WMV etc.) without having to use a YouTube or Vimeo URL.   Now, certain browsers do not support older, basic video forms.   I cannot find a website-content-update program that will allow me to add videos to our website in a current format like MP4.    Will Dreamweaver do this?   Or is the purpose of Dreamweaver something else entirely?

Topics

How to, Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Need to put a video on a private website (don't want to use YouTube, etc.)

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I obtain Dreamweaver, will it help me with an existing website?   My previous ancient programs (Front Page and MS Expression Web) are apparently no longer.  I used to be able to upload video directly to our website (WMV etc.) without having to use a YouTube or Vimeo URL.   Now, certain browsers do not support older, basic video forms.   I cannot find a website-content-update program that will allow me to add videos to our website in a current format like MP4.    Will Dreamweaver do this?   Or is the purpose of Dreamweaver something else entirely?

Topics

How to, Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can use DW to update your site.  However, so many things have changed since Front Page was discontinued you probably need a total re-build to modern code standards.

Go to Insert > HTML > HTML5 video. 

<!doctype html>
<html lang="en">
<head>
<meta charset="utf-8">
<title>Video Demo</title>

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">
<style>
video {max-width:100%; display:block}
</style>
</head>

<body>
<!--replace FOLDER name, POSTER_IMAGE and YOUR_VIDEO with yours-->
<video poster="FOLDER/POSTER_IMAGE.jpg" controls>
<source src="FOLDER/YOUR_VIDEO.mp4" type="video/mp4">
</video>
</body>
</html>

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines