• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Needed: Step-by-step directions for copying snippets from one computer to another

Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2020 Jan 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings,

I've been trying (and failing) to find directions on how to sync snippets between two computers. I've received many directions on syncing, none of which synced the snippets in the snippets panel. The Site definitions are also not synced, but that's less important.

A little help, please. 

Thank you!

TOPICS
Interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're struggling to get sync working you could always copy across the snippets folder from the configuration folder

In windows path is something like: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Dreamweaver 2020\en_US\Configuration\Snippets

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Syncing has never really worked right for me either, because of that, I have always just gone in to manually copy Snippets as Paul shows here.

One thing of note that he forgot to mention is you need to have your operating system's Hidden Files turned on, in order to see the AppData folder and its contents.

Also, the "en_US" folder may be something else, depending on the language you have chosen for your installation. The path I normally give is...

C > Users > (your username) > AppData > Roaming > Adobe > Dreamweaver (your version) > (your language) > Configuration > Snippets > (your custom  custom snippets folder) <--this is what you copy to the same location of the other DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2020 Jan 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Syncing isn't working so this brute-force method is the most appealing. 

I'm on a Mac, though, and that path doesn't work. When I go to the Snippets folder, the folder with all my snippets does not appear in the list.

In this screencap, the Dreamweaver snippets are on the left, and highlighted is my custom Snippets folder. On the right is the Snippets folder that showed up in a search (path to it circled on the bottom).  The default snippets are there, but my custom ones are not. 

Screenshot 2020-01-13 09.28.02.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like you are in the Applications folder instead of the Library folder.

That's where the Mac version of DW stores the personal configuration folder. 

You can get to it by seareching ~Library/Application Support (make sure the ~ character is there)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. Of course. The ~/Library. 

Any idea where it might be in there? There's no "Snippets" folder that comes up on a search:

Screenshot 2020-01-13 12.29.24.png

Even Searching on "Dreamweaver" just takes me to this empty folder several levels down:

Screenshot 2020-01-13 12.32.56.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The path should be something like...

Mac OS X > Macintosh HD > your username > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Dreamweaver (version) > your language > Configuration > Snippets > your custom folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be, but it is not. No Dreamweaver here. 

Screenshot 2020-01-13 14.06.34.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been a while since I used a Mac, but if I recall correctly, there's a separate personal configuration folder for each user account on the machine, so you need to make sure you're under your username in order to get to it...

Macintosh HD > your username > Library > Application Support > Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Since nobody answered this correctly, I am adding the location. On MacOS, go to Applications and open  Adobe Dreamweaver > configuration > Snippets.

snippets.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For this to work, your settings from the previous version must be synced up to the Creative Cloud.  See screenshot.

#2  Import Synced Settings#2 Import Synced Settings

IMPORTANT After you import settings from the cloud, restart DW. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines