• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

New pages based upon a template not linking to the template

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running the CS6 version of Dreamweaver on a windows 7 PC.

I've created a new template for a site. I added editbable reagions and saved the file in the templates folder as a dwt file.

When I create a new page based upon this template, it does not create as expected. It's as if I created the file based upon the template and then detached it from the template. It does not lock code, does not have editable regions and does not update when I update the template. If I try to reattach the file to the template, it puts the entire page within the editable region of the template. I end up with the page within the page. I can then delete the inner page that is within the editable region and I now have what I expected.

Can someone help me understand why this function is not working? Do I need to reinstall DW,  reset it to out of the box defaults, or something different.

TOPICS
Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

File menu --> New

Page from template --> Select site --> Select template --> Create.

I just noticed that "Update page when template changes" is not checked. I never noticed that before. I checked it and it kept the page linked to the template.

Thanks Jon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the exact method you are using to create the new pages from your .DWT file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

File menu --> New

Page from template --> Select site --> Select template --> Create.

I just noticed that "Update page when template changes" is not checked. I never noticed that before. I checked it and it kept the page linked to the template.

Thanks Jon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines