• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Newest version 20 CRASHES within 1 minute after loading

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a new user question, so I am probably doing something stupid.

I subscribe to Dreamweaver yesterday, and downloaded/installed.

I love the new interface and how user-friendly it seems to be.

PROBLEM: Some times after I close all open files, then exit the program, then come back into the program later in the day, here is what it does:

(#1) immediately opens up around 10 files (they look like the last files I may have previously been working on)

(#2) then freezes

(#3) error message in the upper left and corner "program not responding"

(#4) the only way I can get out of this frozen app, is to click the X in the upper right-hand corner. Then it asks if I want to wait or close the program. If I wait, nothing ever happens. So I click close the program. Then after this forced close, I can once again click on the desktop icon and load the program successfully. At this point, it has not opened up any previous files (thank God) and I can get to work with whatever I need to do.

So what's going on? Is it trying to upload files to "the cloud" in the background somewhere?  I dunno

Why does it seem to be having a "heart attack" and freezing?

UNRELATED QUICK QUESTION:  

After logging in to the Adobe Support Community, is there an easy way to quickly view all of my own "open" posts? Sort of filter everything so I only see my own posts?

TOPICS
Other

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forum question first.  To view your posts, click on your Avatar (top right screen) and select My Profile.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this happens again, try restoring preferences.  

https://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/restore-preferences-dreamweaver.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DW has a preference that will reopen any pages that were left open when you close the application itself.

To turn that off, go to Edit > Preferences > General > uncheck "Reopen documents on startup"

That way, no matter how many pages were open when you closed the program, DW will start up from the Welcome screen instead.

It could be there is an error or corruption in one of the files that's reopening that's causing DW to crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines