• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Next and previous tab shortcuts

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The next and previous tab shortcuts should got to the next and previous tabs in the order they are shown, not in the order they were opened. It makes working with multiple tabs a pain! Please fix this or add an option to change it.

If there's a possibility to change this manually by editing an .ini file or any other way, please let me know.

I usually work with 5 or more tabs open at a time and this is making my progress real slow.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

I don't know how this behavior was in previous versions because I have never used this workflow. However, I was able to reproduce it in the latest version. I will share this forum post with the product team for their observations.

I encourage you to log a bug with the team using Help > Submit a bug/Feature request in DW.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which shortcut are you using, personnaly I use ctrl TAB (ctrl shift TAB)  and that works as expected... I'm on w10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the same shortcuts. Are you sure you scroll through the tabs in the order they are show?

For example, I have:

"Tab 1" "Tab 2"

Then I open "Tab 3" and move it between the other two. So now I have:

"Tab 1" "Tab 3" "Tab 2"

What happens when I press CTRL TAB is that I will jump from "Tab 1" to "Tab 2" and then back to "Tab 3". It does not respect the order I put them on screen.

Edit: just to add I'm also on Win 10 and it's Dreamweaver CC 2018 (this problem wasn't present in CC 2017).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're right... I never encounter such a behavior, certainly, because I never re order the TABs once opened...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It also happens if you just click on then on them in another order. Click "Tab 1", then "Tab 3", and then "Tab 2" and next time the CTRL TAB will follow that order...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know how this behavior was in previous versions because I have never used this workflow. However, I was able to reproduce it in the latest version. I will share this forum post with the product team for their observations.

I encourage you to log a bug with the team using Help > Submit a bug/Feature request in DW.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked with the team, and they say that this is the same behavior on both Windows and Mac. This behavior is derived from the platform on which the Interface has been built.

I would still encourage you to make your case using the Bug request link above.

Thanks,

Preran

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your answer and help.

I don't understand this however: "This behavior is derived from the platform on which the Interface has been built." Sorry, English is not my first language.

I do know that this was not the behavior in any of the previous DW versions, since I've always worked like this.

I will submit the bug report, thank you again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines