Highlighted

No links found

Enthusiast ,
May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this inscrutable question before, and no one could help but someone eventually will solve this:

When I do a check your links site-wide, DW finds all links perfectly.

When I do a change links site wide, DW says, "no link to (the link I entered) is found.

Even though, of course, there are hundreds of those links sitewide, which DW  just confirmed it sees in the check links site-wide.

I thought maybe it's because I had a file open or selected, so I put highlight on the root folder at the top. No luck. Must be something else I'm doing..

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

I have DW 19 and cannot reproduce the problem.

Use Find & Replace as previously suggested.

Re: The Sitewide Change Links tool.

DW says no links, can't find when hundreds

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

No links found

Enthusiast ,
May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this inscrutable question before, and no one could help but someone eventually will solve this:

When I do a check your links site-wide, DW finds all links perfectly.

When I do a change links site wide, DW says, "no link to (the link I entered) is found.

Even though, of course, there are hundreds of those links sitewide, which DW  just confirmed it sees in the check links site-wide.

I thought maybe it's because I had a file open or selected, so I put highlight on the root folder at the top. No luck. Must be something else I'm doing..

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

TOPICS
Dreamweaver | Mac OS issues

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 23, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2019 2
Enthusiast ,
May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Nancy! I think find replace worked, but not worry that DW could screw that up, being not official link replacement? ie, part of a similar word could get change... I hope find/ replace is super precise on that then...

It all may be moot if can't get activation. I can't remember now how I did original to new machine 3 years ago.. I think I kept Wifi off?

Or maybe I just called Adobe, not sure.

Work pretty great in Parallels which I had to buy anyway for Windows 10.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of Dreamwever 19 installed on Windows 10 - I can't reproduce this issue either

Which verions of Dreamweaver are using ?

Are you on Mac or Windows ?

If you can post the source of  a page or give some specefic information that will help people to help you ...

Paul-M, ACP - www.webspectrum.co.uk

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 23, 2019 0