• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No more legacy CC apps

Community Expert ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Desktop app no longer lists legacy versions of CC products as it once did.  Going forward, you will see only  the newest version and the 1 previous to it  (internal terms removed)

Many people need access to legacy CC versions for various reasons.   Adobe  put up this page which is grossly under represented in terms of products and versions.   We can only hope they will expand on it later...

Download legacy versions of Creative Cloud apps

Fortunately for us, Jim at ProDesignTools​  has made direct download links available from his website.   Thanks Jim.   What would we do without you?

2019 - https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2019-direct-d...

2018 - https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2018-direct-download-links.html

2017 - https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2017-direct-download-links.html

2015.5 - https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-5-direct-download-links.html

2015 - https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html

2014 - https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2014-direct-download-links.html

2013 - https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2013-direct-download-links.html

Message was edited by: Nancy OShea

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't be surprised if those links stop functioning in the future. ProDesignTools links to files on Adobe's servers for those downloads. They could easily be disabled by Adobe, if they want to stop people from accessing them.

At least there aren't any versions of DW that have been "de-authorized". That has a few of my industry friends freaking out a little...

Changes to Creative Cloud Download Availability and Usage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I foresee a lot of teeth gnashing while this plays out.  I hope Adobe will keep the download links up a while longer for individuals while they push Enterprises & Teams toward the latest versions.

If anyone has a favorite version they need access to, now would be a good time to get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised that Adobe has not introduced this policy years ago.

The problem for Dw is that Dw has removed so many features over the years, and that it has not kept abreast of what modern web development requires. It is o/k for us here to debate frameworks vs self coding, or look to the future requirerments such as tv's built-in browsers (spatial navigation, etc), but unless Dw managment looks beyond what was required 10 years ago, and moves towards what is required now, the availability of legacy downoads becomes a mute point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fortunately, documents built with legacy DW can still be opened in the very  latest DW.    However, that's not always the case with other CC apps like InDesign, Acrobat and InCopy  where version differences matter a great deal.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like some of the direct download links from pro design have already stoped working.

I don't have anything to do with newsletter creation, but reading a few older posts on the subject, I was wondering if anyone who does can use the 2018+ versions of Dw easily to create them. As every post I have read advises users to drop back to a pre 2017 version to do so?

Don't get me wrong, as I don't think Dw development should spend time on the ability for newsletter creation. Especially when so much is still missing for web site/app development, but if someone is creating newsletters, with a CC subscription version of Dw, then what happens to older versions they have downloaded.

The reason I ask about older versions, is because the CC app. will no longer validate the usage of them, (effectively 'shutting them down').

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2019 May 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pziecina  wrote

It looks like some of the direct download links from pro design have already stopped working.

Which ones?

The reason I ask about older versions, is because the CC app. will no longer validate the usage of them, (effectively 'shutting them down').

Perhaps it works differently for Teams & Enterprise users, I don't know.  I'm not aware of any Dreamweaver versions that are "de-authorized" for individual accounts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2019 May 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Nancy+OShea  wrote

pziecina   wrote

It looks like some of the direct download links from pro design have already stopped working.

Which ones?

Maybe All of them, for practical purposes.

The link I tried requires the user to log-in to their Adobe account, which now only shows purchased products, (the old CS) or the CC plan. I have only checked the CS6 link, but reading Adobes announcements on the subject, that only approved products downloaded via the CC app, or direct from adobe.com will be recognised is maybe a catch 22. So even if the other links are downloaded directly from prodesign they will only install as 7 day trial versions.

However, the point that is unclear to me, is that according to the list included with the announcement, no Dw version, (except CS6 suites) is listed as unapproved. So the only way we will know if it is possible to run none CC app downloads is for someone to delete all programs, and run the CC cleaner tool. Then try to reinstall older versions, (any offers anyone? ).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NB: Adobe definitely did not remove all of the direct download links. Many/most still work, especially for the latest versions – though the older the release, the more were taken down.

Also, as far as I am aware, it's not that the CS6 apps will stop activating under a CC subscription. It's just that Adobe is no longer officially making CS6 available as part of a Creative Cloud membership... So they've stopped offering CS6 through the CC Desktop App, but it seems the programs themselves won't actually stop working.

However, continuing to use unauthorized versions is apparently at the customer's own risk, telling users: "We have recently discontinued certain older versions of creative applications and as a result, under the terms of our agreement, you are no longer licensed to use them."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason I looked at the CS6 direct download, was thet I thought it would be a good idea to get a backup for my disc version.

The point that will interest Dw CC users regarding older versions is -

ProDesignTools  wrote

However, continuing to use unauthorized versions is apparently at the customer's own risk, telling users: "We have recently discontinued certain older versions of creative applications and as a result, under the terms of our agreement, you are no longer licensed to use them."

and if they can be installed, then activated. If they cannot be activated then the user will only have a 7 day trial version, (useless to everyone). Dw has removed so many features since CC started, that anyone reliant on older versions for anything, needs to know if older CC versions will activate and work beyond the 7 day trial, with the CC app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paula,

Those direct download links have always launched in trial mode.  That is nothing new.  If you purchased a legitimate CS6 license back when you had the chance to do so,  you should be able to activate it from the license this product button.  If it won't activate or update, contact Customer Care for assistance  https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

The important thing to note here is that Creative Cloud desktop app will no longer provide access to legacy CS6 -  CC 2017.   

Changes to Creative Cloud Download Availability | Adobe Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nancy,

What I was trying to make sense of, was if there was any way we could tell users how to install and use older CC versions, (not trials).

I guess that is no longer possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, many of the direct download links Nancy posted still work, even for the older CC versions... Not all of them, but some.

In other words, not all of the older CC apps were declared unauthorized by Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older CC versions (that aren't on the unauthorized list) downloaded from the links used by ProDesignTools will still be active when logged into an active CC Subscription. They're just making them much harder to install.

All Creative Suite downloaders will still available through Adobe Customer Care, if the customer can prove they owned a license to it at some point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jon+Fritz+II  wrote

Older CC versions (that aren't on the unauthorized list) downloaded from the links used by ProDesignTools will still be active when logged into an active CC Subscription. They're just making them much harder to install.

Thank you Jon, that's all I wanted to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this mean that if I have already downloaded earlier CC versions they will no longer launch?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

My understanding is this,

You can still download and install older versions but you will get a message on launch along the lines of 'you are using an unauthorised version...'

I think Adobe's standpoint is, if you use an older version, you do so at your own risk ....

If you have an absolute necessassity to use an older version then I would make sure you keep an offline installer for future use.....

Paul-M - Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines