Highlighted

Offline DW updates?

LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

Does anyone know of a way to install DW updates without an internet connection on the system?  Is there a repo where one can download updates and apply, manually?

I have DW CS5.5 on an air-gapped system, and CC 2017 on another, and I'm just curious if there's a way to do that.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

If you can download them onto a thumb drive from a different machine or something, they're all here: Adobe - Dreamweaver Support Center : Updaters​ for CS versions anyway.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Offline DW updates?

LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all,

Does anyone know of a way to install DW updates without an internet connection on the system?  Is there a repo where one can download updates and apply, manually?

I have DW CS5.5 on an air-gapped system, and CC 2017 on another, and I'm just curious if there's a way to do that.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Jon Fritz II | Adobe Community Professional

If you can download them onto a thumb drive from a different machine or something, they're all here: Adobe - Dreamweaver Support Center : Updaters​ for CS versions anyway.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 09, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jon!  Yes, I can copy to a portable device and administer the CS5.5, that way.  Too bad they don't have any for CC.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally had time to transfer the updates to an external drive, push them to my DW CD5.5 sytem, and run them.

Both patch installers ended with "Update is not applicable."

The extension ended with "The extension package is invalid. The extension will not be installed."

Not sure where to go from here.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2018 0
Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on a newish Mac by chance?

If so, changes to the Mac OS made the standard running of the installers a no go, you have to follow the steps here to run CS installers...

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Negatory, I'm running Windows 10.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2018 0
Mar 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, I don't have anything that old running on W10, but I know other people do, like ALsp

...maybe he might know the secret handshake to make the installers run on W10?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 12, 2018 0
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Enterprise accounts have access to stand-alone CC product updates, so if you know anyone in a large corporation, (or similar) they may be able to help. Not certain how legal that is though.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2018 1
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think anyone here has an Enterprise account (tho my assumption could be wrong) nor am I aware of anyone who does.  But I will look into that.  Thanks!

V/r,

^ _ ^

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2018 0