• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Old Default Code Coloring in Dreamweaver 2017

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an easy way to change the code coloring in Dreamweaver 2017 to the coloring that it was in previous versions?

Below is a screenshot of how the code looks in the previous version *which I like)

And here is how it looks now (completely different colors and does not apply different coloring to PHP, JS, and HTML within same document).

I have read the discussion (like here: Learn how you can customize the colors of your code elements in Dreamweaver. ) around changing LESS files, etc. but I don't have time to try and go in and manually create and figure out a new theme that matches the old look/colors. And I can't find a LESS theme on github that has the coloring I need.

Can't Adobe just create a code theme called "Legacy" or something that has these old colors? I tried the "classic" theme thinking that would do it, but those colors are totally different.

Any insight is much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 05, 2017 Oct 05, 2017

Users have asked for Adobe to create a true "classic" theme, in the past, but I don't think it's in the cards.

We've had a few users post links to files you can add that get close, but there's really no way to get the exact code coloring/theme because Brackets just works differently from the old DW code view interface. Certain items seem to be out of reach (like inline style code coloring).

There are more than a few Code Coloring related Feature Requests and Bug Reports you can add your voice to h

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Users have asked for Adobe to create a true "classic" theme, in the past, but I don't think it's in the cards.

We've had a few users post links to files you can add that get close, but there's really no way to get the exact code coloring/theme because Brackets just works differently from the old DW code view interface. Certain items seem to be out of reach (like inline style code coloring).

There are more than a few Code Coloring related Feature Requests and Bug Reports you can add your voice to here:

Adobe Dreamweaver CC: Feature Ideas

With enough users asking for it, maybe Adobe will be able to see their way to adding that old functionality back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.

Might have to go on the search for an alternative code editor that has better color, allows inline styling, etc. in the future (however I am just using Dreamweaver 2015 for now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC2017 was the first version where Adobe made any real change to the underlying program by dropping the old code view for Brackets. I'm hoping they'll smooth out the rough edges over time and find a way to give back the control we used to have over the color themes, among other issues.

It's much better now in CC 2017.5 than it was in CC 2017.0, but still not as good as CC 2015.x.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All I can say is not one of these so called new kids on the block do a good job at making it easy for users to manipulate the editor colors. You have to mess around in some kind of file, less, json etc, - all fail to address properly one of the most important aspects of a web developers life, being happy in their code editor. I have never found one theme in any of them that I totally like.

The best editors out there today which allow more control over color coding are those by Jet Brains.

Atom, Sublime, Brackets, DW, VS Code all fail in that respect.

It's pretty bad in the case of DW because that is supposed to be a premium paid for bit of software with a 3rd rate implementation. I wish I could say otherwise, but I can't. I guess if a bit of software is free then you pay for what you get and can't complain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Jon+Fritz+II  wrote

CC2017 was the first version where Adobe made any real change to the underlying program by dropping the old code view for Brackets. I'm hoping they'll smooth out the rough edges over time and find a way to give back the control we used to have over the color themes, among other issues.

Maybe the next version will include extra themes, but if the current version of the Brackets code editor is anything to go by, and its available extensions, I'm not getting my hopes up for anything more than a number of fixes for the large number of bugs introduced by the incorporation of Brackets into Dw's long standing user features, many of which suddenly stopped working correctly when 2017 was released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At first, I wasn't thrilled with the code color changes either.  Like most people, I had my favorites.  But I found a high contrast Theme on GitHub I could live with and after using it for about 1 week, it really grew on me.  The old colors are a distant memory now.  I don't miss them.

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We have started working on “Code Coloring Customization” improvements by adding support for customization of generic and language specific colors and the changes are available in our latest Prerelease drop.

With this improvement you will be able to customize Code Colors in Dreamweaver Preferences --> Interface window.

Please join the Dreamweaver beta program from below link and try out the feature.
Please note, that the functionality is in the initial stages of implementation, we expect the build to have some stability issues.
However we are eager to hear from your early feedback.

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/9EB451B5-D2E8-46E5-AFA2-78C85442FFA2/participate/CD0C95AA-6274-...

Thanks
Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020 Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

We have started working on “Code Color Customization” improvements by adding support for customization of generic and language specific colors.

We have further stabilized the code coloring feature in our latest Prerelease build 15333.

You can refer to below thread for more details on code coloring customization improvements.
https://forums.adobeprerelease.com/dwalpha/discussion/467/dreamweaver-build-15333-is-now-available#l...

Please join Dreamweaver beta program from below link and try out the feature.

https://www.adobeprerelease.com/beta/9EB451B5-D2E8-46E5-AFA2-78C85442FFA2/participate/CD0C95AA-6274-...

Please go ahead and try out the build and let inflow your thoughts/suggestions. Looking forward to your valuable feedback.

Thanks

Dreamweaver Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines