Highlighted

on a page pictures will not show when placed on server,"live" the page looks fine.

New Here ,
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

enter the picture on a page and go to "live" it looks great, but when you down load it to the server the pictures are missing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

on a page pictures will not show when placed on server,"live" the page looks fine.

New Here ,
May 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

enter the picture on a page and go to "live" it looks great, but when you down load it to the server the pictures are missing.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 30, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A few things to check...

1. Did you upload the images (they don't get uploaded automatically with the page)?
2. Did you upload the images to the correct location (your remote and local sites should have identical folder structures)?
3. Are you working from a Defined Site (if not, your image links may start with file: which would mean only your machine could see them)?

If none of the above are the issue, could you please post a link to your problem page here in the forum so we could take a look?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2019 1
New Here ,
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

www.christisalive.net

It should show two more pictures, the ones I am attempting to add, they are in my local file and both files are the same. I didn't have any problem until I updated to the new dreamweaver.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2019 0
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rickjanbrown  wrote

It should show two more pictures, the ones I am attempting to add, they are in my local file and both files are the same. I didn't have any problem until I updated to the new dreamweaver.

It's always convenient to blame an update when things don't work as expected.  But the truth is you have more than 125 code validation errors, and  a final warning message of

"Fatal Error: Cannot recover after last error. Any further errors will be ignored."

It's a miracle your home page works as well as it does in any browser.  See error report below for details.

Showing results for http://www.christisalive.net/ - Nu Html Checker

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2019 0
May 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several images are showing as 404 File Not Found...

harvey-flag-devil-700x438.jpg
3867.jpg

dont_vote_democrat.jpg

favicon.ico

This means you either haven't uploaded them, uploaded them to the wrong location, or possibly uploaded them with a different name or case structure.

Case structure isn't important to Mac or Windows file names, INDEX.html and index.html are the same file. Servers are generally CaSe SenSiTiVE, so the two files above would be treated as separate files. A link to one will not bring up the other. The same goes for images. The links to images must match the file name, case structure and directory path exactly,

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 31, 2019 1