Highlighted

only work in code / design?

New Here ,
May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, Dreamweaver works with the window split into Code and Design. Can someone explain to me why someone would only work in code or only in design?

TOPICS
Learn Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

only work in code / design?

New Here ,
May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general, Dreamweaver works with the window split into Code and Design. Can someone explain to me why someone would only work in code or only in design?

TOPICS
Learn Dreamweaver

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 03, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why not?

If a coder only has Dw, (for whatever reason) then code view is the better option.

As for design view, it is now nothing more than a legacy feature, but many users with limited coding skills prefer it to live view, (which can cause sever performance issues.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2019 1
Adobe Community Professional ,
May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main reason I can think of, to work from a non-split window, would be screen real estate.

On a laptop, I work solely in Code View. On my desktop, I am generally in Split with Code and Live. I rarely ever touch Design View these days.

I suppose it's technically possible to use Design View only, but you'd constantly be surprised by your results when previewing in browsers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2019 0
May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

either if I often use an external code editor for more substantial tasks, I most of the time use split view (code / design) just because it's easiest to edit text content in design view than handling it in a code editor...

editing basic code formatting using design view is something pretty nice

visually navigating into large file is also easiest in design view than in code view...

finaly, I never, or very rarely use live view, just because a watching script reload file in different browser more smouthly (at least fo me)... thanks node

last point talking about CS6

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2019 0
LEGEND ,
May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work strictly in code view.  Matter of fact, I forget where I found the instructions, but I have basically disabled design view because I work in server-side scripting and design view does not work well with server-side (at least it doesn't on older versions of Dw.  Don't know/care if later versions do.)

Also, I am very anal-retentive (borderline OCD) and have a need to see code in order to do my job.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2019 0
May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WolfShade  a écrit

I forget where I found the instructions, but I have basically disabled design view

certainly in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CS6\configuration\Toolbars\toolbar.xml

between line 7 .. 65

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 03, 2019 0