Highlighted

Open/Close tag not indented same

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Dreamweaver CC, after entering an opening tag the closing tag is automatically inserted. After placing my cursor between the tags and pressing enter, the closing tag is indented instead of lining up with the opening tag position. Is there a way to change the behavior?

dw-line-offset.PNG

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Personally I find HTML code indenting a waste of time and space.  Code errors can adversely effect browser rendering but indenting has no impact either way.

If indented code makes you happier, use Apply Source Formatting from your Common Toolbar.  Whatever settings you have defined in Tag Libraries will be applied to your source code.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Open/Close tag not indented same

Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Dreamweaver CC, after entering an opening tag the closing tag is automatically inserted. After placing my cursor between the tags and pressing enter, the closing tag is indented instead of lining up with the opening tag position. Is there a way to change the behavior?

dw-line-offset.PNG

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy OShea | Adobe Community Professional

Personally I find HTML code indenting a waste of time and space.  Code errors can adversely effect browser rendering but indenting has no impact either way.

If indented code makes you happier, use Apply Source Formatting from your Common Toolbar.  Whatever settings you have defined in Tag Libraries will be applied to your source code.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Oct 31, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, but currently the code format need a lot of improvment and polish...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 31, 2017 0