Highlighted

open large files freezes

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when opening large files it hangs, sometimes for ever, sometimes it opens eventually, mostly always i need to FORCE QUIT due to application not responding

could it be a memory issue on my machine? the spinning ball thing comes up sometimes, i have deleted all unnecessary files and folders and try not to open any other programs when working in DW

have used Recreate Site Cache to try to help, also Open New File helps and making sure the local site files folder is in order

but still, on my largest site with the most files and some very large ones, IT JUST FREEZES UP! however, when it does open eventually, i then close the file and it reopens again instantly, so its kind of like it found it and now it knows how to open it, but after restarting DW it loses it again!

would appreciate any tips!

DW 2018.2

mac osx high sierra

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

2 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

open large files freezes

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when opening large files it hangs, sometimes for ever, sometimes it opens eventually, mostly always i need to FORCE QUIT due to application not responding

could it be a memory issue on my machine? the spinning ball thing comes up sometimes, i have deleted all unnecessary files and folders and try not to open any other programs when working in DW

have used Recreate Site Cache to try to help, also Open New File helps and making sure the local site files folder is in order

but still, on my largest site with the most files and some very large ones, IT JUST FREEZES UP! however, when it does open eventually, i then close the file and it reopens again instantly, so its kind of like it found it and now it knows how to open it, but after restarting DW it loses it again!

would appreciate any tips!

DW 2018.2

mac osx high sierra

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

2 GHz Intel Core i7

8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 08, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's probably hanging while it creates the site cache.  Try disabling the Enable Cache option in your Site > Manage Sites panel.   See screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did that Nancy but it still hangs for about 60 seconds before opening some files

some files open quickly, others never open, the files that take 60 secs the first time will then open immediately the second time

apprecite your help, thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 09, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are sorry that you are facing issues with Dreamweaver.

Could you please try clearing Dreamweaver Preferences Unusual behavior in Dreamweaver? Try restoring preferences.

Please let us know if your issue is resolved.

Thanks

Kratika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 10, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks Kratika, i reset Preferences when i uninstalled then reinstalled DW

issue is still not resolved

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How big are the files?

Is the code free of errors?

The W3C Markup Validation Service

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web Design & Publishing

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please try Creative cloud Cleaner tool by following the steps given in link:  Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

If it doesn't solve the problem and the issue still exist can you share the dump file with us to help us investigate.

When the Dreamweaver application becomes unresponsive, share the spindump and sample Process file from Activity monitor. Open Activity monitor, select Dreamweaver process , click at top "system diagnostic options" click on sample process and spindump, save it.

You can send me at kragarwaatadobedotcom . We will try our best to resolve your issue.

Thanks

Kratika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 11, 2018 1
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

size of individual files is not the issue, 10, 20,30 KB

maybe number of files in the site? large sites seem to be more problematic

code is free of errors

for years these sites and files have not given me any problems, altho it has hung in the past very rarely, which made me think my machine was not powerfull enough?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2018 0
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kratika,

when DW freezes i followed your instructions using Activity Monitor

i have uploaded the Sample Process and System Diagnostics files to the cloud, here:

Sample of Dreamweaver CC.txt

Ambidextro Web Solutions

the SpinDump did not give any results, maybe this is the problem?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for sharing.

We need spindump also to investigate the issue.

It takes some time for the spindump to get created.Please try at your end once again.

Steps to follow:

• Open your Activity Monitor found in Applications>>Utlities
  • Select Dreamweaver process, open the Settings Menu, and select Run Spindump
  • Wait for the spindump file to generate
  • Select Save to generate a spindump file and share with us.

Regards

Kratika

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 12, 2018 1
colbydos LATEST
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kratika

i have been waiting for 15 minutes for the spindump dialog box to show some kind of result

when i click on REFRESH it seems to refresh but no results are recorded

it does give a message saying Please wait...

when i click on SAVE nothing happens

how long do i need to wait for it to complete?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 15, 2018 0